No announcement yet.

Toureag trailer hitch and trailer light install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our roadmaster trailer does have surge brakes and there is an override physical mechanism that I used when I had a wiring problem on my yukon. The more I read about this, the more I want to just get him setup on a 4 pin and use the override, he will only be pulling the boat down the road a few miles from storage to a couple of different boat ramps. I do need to research this more before I make that decision.

Here is a link to a forum that talks about surge brakes and the challenges Egg owners have that have the factory installed trailer package.

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f6...kes-13001.html

Comment

Originally posted by ajholt7 View Post
      Maybe not. On my trailer you have to insert a pin to lock them out.
      AJ, do you also have the solenoid? Not sure if i have a way to lock it out manually. Do you have a photo showing how you lock it out with a pin? It would be nice if i could lock mine out manually if needed.

Comment

I think you could also use a nickle

Comment

For the 5th pin he could even run a separate wire and a toggle switch to the battery that he flips to disengage the brakes

Comment

Originally posted by ajholt7 View Post

I think you could also use a nickle
            a 12mm socket works really well too
            Originally posted by G-MONEY
            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I don't have the attached pin but will try the nickle or socket in a pinch. Thanks.

Comment

i didn't have the key either. Heck I didn't even know I could lock out the brakes to make it turn better till someone told me. I made a quick trip to Dorsey and they just gave me the key...
                Originally posted by G-MONEY
                It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X