No announcement yet.

Vacation Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That place looks pretty great. My wife has been doing a bunch of research on it and it sure gets a lot of great reviews! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Kito View Post
      So have any of you guys been to Costa Rica? Id like to go someplace I can surf, but not Hawaii.
      I've been there, and the surfing is amazing. I don't surf, though the waves were consistently so powerful, you couldn't even throw a frisbee in the surf. If you didn't catch it, it was gone forever. You have to go to west side of the country, and there are many surfers that travel there. Jaco is a big surfing town where the waves were consistently six to eight feet and there were no rocks to kill you. The beach is more pebbly than sandy, but I had never seen anything like the power those waves brought with them. I am a novice, so I wanted nor part of any tyupe of board on those waves or any part of that undertow. Still, for good surfers, that place is a mecca. Go to Jaco or other towns on the coast - good places to stay and good little places to eat. Fly into San Jose, cheap two hour bus ride through the jungle, and you are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kito View Post
        So have any of you guys been to Costa Rica? Id like to go someplace I can surf, but not Hawaii.
        This is the best thing I have done in Costa Rica, it was a riot. We went after four days of rain.
        http://www.greenfrografting.com/raft...uare-river.php
        Last edited by Original Wing Nut; 01-19-2010, 04:56 PM.
        My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

Working...
        X