Vacation Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation Ideas

We are working on planning a trip next winter to some place warm. I know that alot of you guys have traveled to alot of different places so Im looking for some ideas of where to go. They need to have nice beaches, it has to be warm, it doesn't have to be a place for kids, (their staying with the grandparents) otherwise we are wide open for ideas. I'm even up to hear about places not to go. Their will be six adults going unless any of you want to join us. Thanks for the help.

We have never done it before but we have always wanted to rent a sailboat with with 4 - 6 friends. The boat would have a captian and chef and cruise around the BVIs for a week. Visit small islands, scuba dive and relax. They do have boats that will sleep six. It will be tight but from what I have heard a lot of fun!
    "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Kito:

We used to go to Carribbean twice a yr for about 12 yrs and really really like 2 places and kinda lukewarm on many others. A few questions: What do u (and others)like to do? What part of winter? Money? Here's some comments: if u want to laze at the beach, go shopping, eat big and drink lots thats one approach and many many folks do that and call it a vacation. We don't since we r water sports crazy so we like to snorkel, offshore fishing, scuba dive, boat trip, waterski and generall knockabout. We've been to Jamaica (Sandals-nice but pricey), Bahamas, USVI, BVI, Barbados, Caymans and a few others. Grand Cayman is suba bigtime. Nobody has heard of wakeboarding/surfing down there unless special spot-Sandals maybe. Bahamas in Nov-March is super windy which means the beach is literally a sandblast (been there - no fun - sand in 25mph wind really hurts. Like any other travel activity there is low cost budget approach, mid-tier approach and luxury approach. We are not fans of crusies cause those are basically booze/buffett deals in a big moving hotel w 3,000 other folks. They are very nice and super popular jsut not out gig. Plus remember that wind thing, when on a ship can get nasty and no way to eject. We like quiet, out of the way locales but with lots of stuff do so our 2 favorites are Marsh Harbor on Abaco in the out islands of the Bahamas and the other is Britsih Virgin islands (BVI) in the carribean ner US Virgn Islands. We greatly dislike St. Thomas and USVI as way too commercial although St John is decent. We typically rent a condo or villa for a week to do out own cooking then adventure about. In Marsh Harbor we rent a 24 foot runabout boat for the week and run around to all the nearby islands and beaches because there are no beaches in Marsh harbor itsel unless u stay at Boat Harbor at Aboco Beach resort where there is a private bech but mucho bucks to stay there. None of these are easy to get to. Send PM if u seek more info or want to chat. See ya. JB

Comment

BVI is the sailboat charter capital of the world and a great time as long as folks are good in close quarters.

Comment

Kto...I gotta run, so this will be brief, and I will be glad to give you more info if you want. About 4 years ago my wife and I went to Bora Bora...In the South Pacific. It is hands down the most beautiful tropical location I have been to. We stayed in an over-water bungelow...first class. Simply incredible. It's a bit of a haul to get there (8 hour flight from LA), but definitely worth it. Google Bora Bora and check out the pics. Here are a few from our vacation:

Pic from the airport:

Pic from our bungelow:

Other bungelos:

Comment

I'm going to the BVI's in May and cabo in feb...
            Originally posted by G-MONEY
            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Bora Bora looks awesome! I am going to Puerto Vallarta, MX next month. It's pretty fun. The beaches are decent, you don't have the super blue water with white sand but they are pretty nice. The town of PV is what is cool, it's still authentic to a point. This will be my 3rd time going and it's still a blast. Cabo San Lucas was pretty nice as well but it's a desert instead of tropics.

There are sooo many choices for beach destinations! Hard to choose, that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                Bora Bora looks awesome! I am going to Puerto Vallarta, MX next month. It's pretty fun. The beaches are decent, you don't have the super blue water with white sand but they are pretty nice. The town of PV is what is cool, it's still authentic to a point. This will be my 3rd time going and it's still a blast. Cabo San Lucas was pretty nice as well but it's a desert instead of tropics.

There are sooo many choices for beach destinations! Hard to choose, that's for sure!
                I'm looking forward to cabo, never been and it's a free trip so who cares, a full 7 days of vaca, I'll love it!

Comment

I just got back yesterday from a three day cruise to Ensenada.
                  Definately not a place to relax on the beach but the price was too cheap to pass up.
                  My wife and I bought two ponchos for the cold days on the boat.
                  I want to go to Bora Bora now.
                  Formertigeowners.com
                  I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

the virgin islands I have always liked better than mexico for the water, but mexico is usually cheaper. Puerto Rico is not bad, and don't need a passport to go there.
                    I have always wanted to go to costa rica....have heard great things about it.
                    Bora bora does look cool and would go there if I could.

Dom when your in cabo go to the Toro Bravo if it is still open....probably dont want to take your significant other there either....it is off the main strip. (its a very interesting place) Go to the office on the beach if it still there they run a good happy hour. Definately rent a water taxi to lovers beach? but bring a cooler w/some drinks if you plan on hanging out there for a while....it is usually in all pixs of the arched rock. Oh, and if you go on a dinner cruise don't be the person who has too much and when trying to exit the boat down a 10' ladder off the bow face plant onto the beach. funny for everyone else, but not the lady who fell in front of us.

Comment

I'm liking Bora Bora. Thanks GUAPO!
                      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

thanks for the heads up.

Costa Rica is freaking amazing! I loved it!!

I'll take note and look into some of the places

Comment

time for a new category called vacation places

Comment

Bora Bora was pricey....but worth it.

I've been to Hawaii, Cabo and many others, but Bora Bora blows them all away...in regards to pure beauty...IMHO. And it's part of French Polynesia...so yes bikini tops are optional

I'm headed to Cancun this Saturday just for a short (4 night) trip with my wife to get away somewhere warm. My main reason for picking Cancun was price and flight schedules from Louisville. Many of the islands down there would require more than one plane change for me. Cancun seemed the easiest thing to do for a quick trip.

Bora Bora is more of an adventure. Also, I got to snorkel with Warren Moon while there...big thrill for me...I'm a huge NFL fan.

Comment

Here are a few more of Bora Bora...

This is where I stayed...Bora Bora Pearl..

Here is an arial of the island. Most of the resorts on the outer islands...so you look across the lagoon at the mountain.

Inside the bungelos...

Comment

Working...
                              X