No announcement yet.

09 22 ve on a boatmate single axle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I read on some 22ve's guys pulling the hard tanks in order to make use of all the available room? Anyway I'm hoping to just plumb in some bags that fill from the top of the hard tanks and just use the existing factory pumps and plumbing. Then maybe add some bags along each side? I guess now I'm taking manifolds
    Sorry, this is turning into a ballast discussion- I'll just pm or call you chp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its your thread, we can talk about "My Pink Pony" if you want

On your generation ve, I know of only one owner pulling his below-floor tanks. IMO, it would be net wash weight wise. Plumbing wise, it could be a a little simpler. Sac wise, the custom sac is going to be costly.

We have had excellent success will swapping the OEM 350# sac with a 1200# custom sac, leaving the stock plumbing nearly unmodified. For those that want faster fill/drain, we've added pumps to speed things up. For those that need to switch sides often, we can do a standard or "King" transfer pump.

Feel free to call, email, PM, or start a new thread.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Formulaz: Wasn't me no. I had a 2001 MB DD prior to my VE.

Myself along with quite a lot of others will vouch for the custom sac and say to just do it. It makes a huge difference and it was life changing to not have to throw pumps over board and have 2-400lbs sacs sitting on my seats.

I agree with Mike above as well. Simplicity wise it would be nice to pull the hard tanks and get one large bag but I also don't mind having them separate. Only thing I did differently because I had ballast pumps and parts left over was I am running dual fill and dual empty with 1200 gph Tsunami pumps instead of reversible pumps.

Comment

Is anyone having luck with suck gates on these boats? It was an incredible addition to my 21i.

So I guess I need 2 of your custom sacs then chp. Then I have to decide if I piggyback or plumb separately. I'd really like to wire everything to my existing 3 ballast switches. Sound about right?

Comment

Formulaz: Dukesofhazzard has been playing with one on his 10 Ve. I tried it once lost it and haven't tried making a new one. Will over the winter and will try again next year. I have everything plumbed and don't mind running listed so it's not a high priority for me. check this thread for Dukes' posts: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...rsal-Surf-Gate!

You can run piggy backed but the fill times will be very slow as I'm assuming you are currently plumbed with 3/4" lines. Running a dedicated pump to the sac is really want you want to do. Personally I don't have Mike's custom sac on my starboard side. Mostly, because with our crappy Canadian exchange it works out to be just over $ 800 for a single sac. Starboard side also doesn't require as much weight as the port side to get a nice clean wave. I picked up a Wake Makers bag locally for a lot less $ that holds about 900lbs and it's more than enough with the hard tank underneath. Port side I run little or no bow weight. Starboard side I run full bow, plus an extra 200lbs on top in steel blocks. I want to try running 400lbs upfront to help lengthen the wave.

You should also have 2 Accessory switches on your dash. One on the left and one on the right (this is where mine are anyway) which you could use for new pumps on either side.

Comment

So much great info bc thanks!
              I do have those switches you're right..

Comment

Working...
              X