Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

09 22 ve on a boatmate single axle?

Hi everyone,

I just bought an 09 Tige 22ve that I'd like to pick up using my single axle boatmate 'moomba' trailer.

I've used this trailer for 4 years now to tow my 03 21i to the lake and back twice per year.

I know that technically the trailer can handle the weight (it actually goes my 21i quite well) but the 22ve is another 3-400lbs and 8 inches or so longer. Now I'm wondering if the hull will fit between the bunks on the fenders? I know the 21i is very wide at 102"

I heard the guy at the marina mumble "it won't fit on that trailer" to one of the staff and now has me second guessing myself.

I realize it's not ideal but I just can't get my hands on a tandem axle right now.

Also I plan to have the marina deal with the winterizing and storage from now on so id rather not buy a trailer if I don't have to.

Any comforting words?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the weight rating on that axle? Tires?

Comment

Keep in mind that 102" is the beam, not necessarily the width at the water line. I think this setup is going to have little to no tongue wight, making it unstable to tow. Thats not even getting into the axle and tire load rating. Does this trailer even have brakes?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Chpthril makes a very good point that the weight distribution will be way off compared to your 21i, which will make that trailer walk all over the place. How far are you going? A very short distance might be ok if taken very slowly with a heavy truck but long distance your pushing it.

Comment

I would be worried about the hull carrying the motor weight not being properly supported since the boat is probably longer than the trailer. Then there is the effort to make sure the boat is loaded on the trailer correctly. There is a guy at our lake that pulls his 22' Supra on a 24' Mastercraft trailer. It takes him 30 minutes to load the boat and then another 20 minutes to strap it down since it sits precariously on the bunks.

Comment

On second thought I agree with Chp. This is a middle engine boat versus a rear engine. Not to mention it is longer. If you unhooked the trailer, the nose would fly up so fast it would take your head off. Towing that would be terrifying. And this all assumes it might actually fit.

Better bet would be to ask on here for someone in the region who has a trailer you could borrow. Could also visit a local marina and see what they have sitting around. A case of beer could solve this for you.

Comment

All very good points. I actually hadn't considered the vdrive vs direct drive. That might be the deal breaker for me. Thanks for pointing it out.

The trailer itself has surge brakes that work very well, and the data plates list a max trailer load of 4000# and the tires are rated at 5080#

Comment

Dry weight is right at 4K. Add in the extras and you are over by maybe 10%.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Go to your nearest marina, and look for a 22Ve or RZ2 sitting in the lake. Ask who owns it. Then contact that person and ask to use their trailer. You'll even meet a new Tige owner out of the deal!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                    Go to your nearest marina, and look for a 22Ve or RZ2 sitting in the lake. Ask who owns it. Then contact that person and ask to use their trailer. You'll even meet a new Tige owner out of the deal!

The length might not be too bad..

Comment

Originally posted by Formulaz View Post

The length might not be too bad..

Well, I made it with a borrowed Malibu wake setter trailer. Totally sketchy operation for sure! Thanks for your opinions everyone.

Now where's that 09 22ve surf ballast/ passive filling/ tige speed set thread? Lol

Comment

I can help you with some ballast questions and set up for surfing. Obviously everyone has has their own opinion but that ugly (again my opinion) decal on the side was the first thing I removed when I got my 09 a couple years back. Looks a lot better without. Congrats on the ride. You'll enjoy if for sure.

Comment

Well done. That trailer looks an awful lot like my 2013 Z1 Boatmate trailer. Even has the same wheels.

Comment

Bc rider, wasn't your last boat a 21ir? I thought I remembed your name from when I got mine years ago.
                            Anyway, yeah my search so far on the ballast is inconclusive. I'd rather not pull out the hard tanks. And the passive filling is bizzare

Comment

yeah my search so far on the ballast is inconclusive. I'd rather not pull out the hard tanks. And the passive filling is bizzare
                              What is it you are searching for and why would you be looking to pull the below-floor hard tanks? Passive draining is not bizarre at all. Not uncommon across many manufactures that have made the shift to tall surf sacs that fill up the lockers. We work through it with aftermarket ballast system as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X