No announcement yet.

Boat mate trailer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The forward pull is what is desired, but the bow should rest on the rubber and the bow eye should nudge up to the bow stop. That way when the traler is strapped and pulled tight it has front support on the bow stop and bow roller. A Second strap or cable is only a backup, it goes from the trailer frame to the bow eye and secures Loosely in the case that the actual winch strap breaks the boat is still somewhat secured to the trailer.

Comment

I am thinking that a racket strap around the trailer frame with a downward pull on the bow eye is going to be the trick. I took it to the dealer today and it sits perfect in there pond but then when you pull forward it lifts a little bit? That or have another wheel made to mount lower under the factory wheel in the trailer to create some down force. Option one sounds like an easier fix and (SHOULD) work right?

Comment

So I will basically have the safety strap the main winch strap and one more to pull down on the bow eye when trailer is winched up tight. Should work right?

Comment

That's just ridiculous that any modification of any sort would need to be made though. Buying a new boat that doesn't fit on the trailer it's sold with makes absolutely zero sense.

Comment

Have you had dealer call boatmate? They should make this right for you.
            "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Does this trailer have the spacers on the bunks to raise it up so the prop doesn't hit the trailer? If so I can see how the bump stop is now in the wrong spot. I agree with the lwndr, call Boatmate or have your dealer call Boatmate and get it cleared up, I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to do that.
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                Does this trailer have the spacers on the bunks to raise it up so the prop doesn't hit the trailer? If so I can see how the bump stop is now in the wrong spot. I agree with the lwndr, call Boatmate or have your dealer call Boatmate and get it cleared up, I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to do that.
                I believe the trailer and shim issue was only for the 2013 Z1 Boatmate Trailers.
                "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I've called both boat mate and taken it to the dealer here in Utah that sells tiges and boat mate said he is checking with his engineers and the dealer said it will hurt nothing? Personally I don't like the idea of it moving at all up and down on the bow. Every other boat I have had has set right in the bump stop? I guess I will see what boat mate says this following week??? Thanks for any and all help...

Comment

Originally posted by WACKY!!! View Post
                    I've called both boat mate and taken it to the dealer here in Utah that sells tiges and boat mate said he is checking with his engineers and the dealer said it will hurt nothing? Personally I don't like the idea of it moving at all up and down on the bow. Every other boat I have had has set right in the bump stop? I guess I will see what boat mate says this following week??? Thanks for any and all help...
                    Mine does the same thing. Allows it to float like a suspension. Should be fine. 2015 R20 single axle boatmate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
                    2015 Tigé R20

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                      I believe the trailer and shim issue was only for the 2013 Z1 Boatmate Trailers.
                      I think is was 13 and some late 14 model trailers. I was just wondering because sometimes they might use an older one that was in stock or returned for warranty work and reconditioned. It was just a thought, couldn't hurt to check.

And for guys with the trailers with the spacers, have you had similar issues with the bow stop being too low?
                      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Ramp and clamp it
                        Germaine Marine
                        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

are you putting the boat on the trailer under power? or using the winch to pull it up?

Comment

Working...
                          X