No announcement yet.

Boatmate trailer locks up when reversing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning up those contacts and reconnecting that 5 pin worked for me. I was able to back my boat up into my garage today
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I did find out that I had a fuse blown for my trailer back up lights. Got that fixed and now the trailer reverse lights turn on. For now I am just using my brake actuator lockout pin whenever I am reversing on inclines. Im assuming it something to do with my truck, everything that I have checked on the trailers looks ok.

Comment

This is what you want

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just went through same thing. Truck had a specific fuse for trailer backup lights. It was blown and couldn't back up my driveway due to brakes locking. Replace fuse and trailer backs fines fine. Its good to know about the lockout key or nickels.

Comment

Yep I have the lockout key taped in. However, I may not need it afterall since I replaced my backup trailer light fuse.

Comment

I only use it so I can use my tractor to back up my boat into my garage , otherwise never leave it in , or else you won't have any trailer brakes

Comment

Originally posted by Z1Fan View Post
                I only use it so I can use my tractor to back up my boat into my garage , otherwise never leave it in , or else you won't have any trailer brakes

Ya good thing I only tow the boat about 200 yards to and from the lake. I take it out on anything longer.

Comment

Ah very nice , unfortunately lake property up here is very very expensive ,i have to tow every where I go , I still haven't even put it in the water yet this year , just getting nice and warm here now

Comment

I just resolved my trailer issue with locking up when reversing ... it turns out that the actuator solenoid was bad. I managed to get a replacement from the dealer and have now installed it. I would not rank this fix as difficult, but it is tricky and time consuming. The actuator is not exactly integrated with the trailer with ease of servicing in mind ...

-Tulsah
                    2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

I bought mine brand new with a bad solenoid. They hooked it up to every truck they had and it still locked up in reverse. They key stuff is great but a pain. I feel it should work the right way from the factory. Take it to your tige dealership and have them hook it up to there trucks and see if it still locks up. I had lights coming on too in reverse, reverse lights that is. Got a new solenoid installed that the trailer warranty paid for and all is good now...

Comment

Working...
                      X