Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer Dolly and, at the risk of opening old wounds, what does an RZR weigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some updates for anyone interested.
    I contacted Boatmate and the salesperson I spoke with (who I found to be very pleasant so I want to give kudos where and when due) indicated I could figure 950lbs for a single axle trailer (1250 for a dual if you are curious).
    Boattest indicated an "as tested" weight for an RZR (similarly equipped as mine with the 343, Alpha Z tower, etc) at about 4,070lbs including 2 people and minimal gear (assuming cameras and such) and full tank of fuel (38 gallons x about 6.25lbs per gallon). Subtracting 400lbs for the 2 people and gear, a weight of 3,670lbs seems entirely in line with the posted 3,100lbs dry weight plus engine upgrade, tower, fuel, etc.
    Total weight should be around 4,620lbs for boat (as equipped), full fuel tank, and trailer (single axle).
    Also, the trailer indicates a GAWR of 5,080lbs. so I think the guess' above are probably close.
    I am probably picking the boat up in the next two or three weeks so I will play around with how much effort it takes to move it around in the garage and driveway before picking up a dolly or go jacks. Really like the go jacks idea. Had not considered that. A front hitch wont work with my tow vehicle but would really make small adjustments simple.
    My weight questions really came down to choosing either a 5,000 or 6,000 lb hitch. The latter requiring drilling into the frame which I would like to avoid if possible. I will primarily be towing the boat 3 blocks. I ordered the 5,000 lb hitch and will install it this weekend.
    If spring ever arrives, I will see if I can weigh the boat somewhere around here.
    Thank you for the thoughts and ideas again.

Comment

Looks like Boardman's boat will be officially for sale soon.

Comment

what is your tow vehicle?

Comment

Tow vehicle is a BMW X5.

Comment

Originally posted by RZR View Post
            Tow vehicle is a BMW X5.
            My buddy has towed his 22ve many times with his X5. It does surprisingly well.

I never got back to this thread. Sorry. I'll try again.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I operated one of these (no plane attached) and I though it was awesome. You drive it with a basic R/C 2.4ghz controler. Slightly expensive but it was trick.

http://www.itowbot.eu/home.php
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it out and works well for the small adjustments I need to do.

Originally posted by kx250frider617 View Post
                Im not sure about dollys but To adjust the trailer in the garage, I have a little trick. I was shocked when my neighbor showed me this but if you grab the trailer tire and spin it with your hands, you can easily move the whole thing by yourself. You said you have no hills or bumps so you might want to give it a try, it may be easier to move around than with a non-powered dolly. However, if your looking at electric dollys then disregard everything. Those would be a piece of cake.

Comment

Working...
                X