Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer Dolly and, at the risk of opening old wounds, what does an RZR weigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer Dolly and, at the risk of opening old wounds, what does an RZR weigh?

I am retyping this (faster though far less humurously or eloquently) as I got logged out, then frozen up, and lost my last post.

First, dolly's. Any one have one, use one, recommend a particular one. Please keep it to Trailer Dollys. This isn't that type of thread. I am only looking to move an RZR on a single axle trailer b/t garage and driveway. No hills, no ramps, and less than 30' at a time. Probably mostly just adjusting.

Also, I was drawn in to a thread talking about the weight of an RZR on a single axle trailer. While the thread was lengthy and sporting at times, it never actually answered the question. There was discussion of weighing one though. Just wondering, did anyone weigh one? What did you get? How about tongue weight. Really just curious. My tow vehicle is fine and I am not going far. Just felt like the last page of a novel was missing. Now I want to know. (Can't weigh my own as I haven't picked it up yet since it is still winter in Wisconsin).

Lastly, thank you for the answers to my previous questions (posted in the wrong section but found by some anyway). I picked up a Ronix Vision board for my son today. He will get it for his birthday.

Thank you in advance again.

Im not sure about dollys but To adjust the trailer in the garage, I have a little trick. I was shocked when my neighbor showed me this but if you grab the trailer tire and spin it with your hands, you can easily move the whole thing by yourself. You said you have no hills or bumps so you might want to give it a try, it may be easier to move around than with a non-powered dolly. However, if your looking at electric dollys then disregard everything. Those would be a piece of cake.

Comment

Go jacks one under each wheel and you can make your boat do a 360 in place all by your self. I use them all the time. You can put that boat anywhere in the garage with go jacks.
      FairTax.org

Comment

I've used the Harbor Freight version of the go jacks with good success on a tandem axle trailer. I used these under the front axle tires so I'd be able to pivot the trailer on the rear axle. I liked the mechanical version as the hydraulic version didn't seem to hold well. Only issue I could see you having is the gojacks are only rated for 1,500#'s each, so they may not lift your single axle. They might though, because there is some tongue weight on the trailer jack.
        2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

GoJak vid

Comment

I've been looking at the Harbor Freight one lately. Good to here they haven't collapsed. Using their stuff is fine so long as it doesn't have a motor or electronic components in it.

My uncle loves his dolly and is planning his new garage around using it. I'll ask him what it is.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

If you go to HF make sure you print out the 20% off coupon. If I'm buying Chinese tools I want to get the absolute cheapest price possible.
              http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-c...aff-17547.html

Comment

To answer the boat weight question the tige site says the RZR weighs 3100 lbs, add about 1000 lbs for the trailer plus gear and fuel you should be about 5K. Just as a WAG.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhite94 View Post
                  To answer the boat weight question the tige site says the RZR weighs 3100 lbs, add about 1000 lbs for the trailer plus gear and fuel you should be about 5K. Just as a WAG.
                  Ya, you kinda missed the last thread on this. Don't worry about it. Until somebody weighs one, its still an official unknown.

Comment

The go jacks will lift the single axle no problem. I have used them on a R20, RZR, Z1, RZ2, Z3 and RZ4. Use them very often in our showroom. You cant go wrong with them or the HF version i guess, good to hear you guys of used those I figured id spend the extra and get the go jacks cuz I knew i was going to use them daily in the showroom and in the back for all our cars.
                    FairTax.org

Comment

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
                      If you go to HF make sure you print out the 20% off coupon. If I'm buying Chinese tools I want to get the absolute cheapest price possible.
                      http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-c...aff-17547.html
                      Werd. I only get the really on sale stuff. I got a $4 machete for the camper.

Sorry for the off topic.

Comment

This is the internet, so I'm going to take the opportunity to answer a question that you didn't ask. A front hitch on your tow vehicle. They are inexpensive (mine was under $200 to my door via amazon), and give extremely good control of trailer placement. It's a lifesaver if you need to get the trailer in and out of tight spots.

Comment

Great suggestion for a front hitch, and with a single axle trailer that should be pretty easy to put it right where you want it.
                          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

As for tongue weight, every trailer/boat setup will be different. A good rule of thumb is 10-15% of the overall weight.

My trailer was custom built and when I first picked it up, the tongue weight was way high. I brought it back a few weeks later and they checked it...900lbs. They moved the axles and got it to 450lbs. It tows much better and is a lot more manageable.

Comment

RZR, I haven't been able to get a weight on the boat as I am way up north like you, Minnesota. I spent 12 hours last night plowing for the second time in a week. Twin cities metro got 8-12 inches of snow Thursday into Friday morning. Been a late crazy spring. I figure it will be another 2 weeks before I want my boat out of storage with all the salt and slime on the roads again.

Comment

Working...
                              X