No announcement yet.

Picked up new trailer this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As promised, here are some pictures of the completed trailer prior to me placing it back in storage this weekend. Still have a few other things to take care of this winter to get it ready for the spring, but this is by far the biggest upgrade!
    Attached Files

Comment

This trailer looks real nice!

My dad has a trailer made by McClain for his Baja, that is how I found out about them. I talked to a sales rep for McClain about 2 years ago at the Houston Boat show looking for the same trailer and he said they didn't do inboard boat trailers, didn't have much interest in it and it would be all custom and expensive since they don't do it regularly. He seemd kind of rude and arrogant towards fishing boat and speed boat trailers only. I guess maybe they are changing their tune now? I another Tige owner who had a trailer made by McClain and it looked very strong and sturdy.

Another company in Galveston made two trailers for two other friends and they came out real nice. They used C Channel instead of I-beam which looks a little better. http://www.boat-trailers.net/

On a side note-can trailers like this be painted or powder coated and will it last purely for asthetics?

I will need a new trailer soon. Just found out my trailer brakes don't work because the brake line inside the trailer rusted and broke in half. I now wonder how bad the reast of the trailer looks since it is rusting from the inside out?
      Last edited by Dave S; 02-18-2013, 06:45 PM.
      Friends don't let friends POWERTURN

Comment

Something else to add, my old boat trailer was c channel, fully welded and dipped in galvanize. I used it in saltwater for almost 6 years and there wasn't a hint of rust on it, frankly in all my 35 years of boating, it was the best trailer I ever saw, sturdy and held up well. It was the factory trailer for VIP's. I think the trailer will outlast the boat.
        Friends don't let friends POWERTURN

Comment

I think that Horizon went out of business. Tried to get estimates from them several times, and I never got an answer when trying to call. You are spot on with the c channel and i beam. They will last a long time.

Comment

To answer your question about the area of the SBR, I was in front of the house that has the exotic animals. I think he had an emu and maybe a peacock. About 5 miles north of the 521 Bridge.

Comment

I know the location to which you are referring. I'll definitely make sure to not anchor down there! How frequently do you get out on the SBR?

Comment

Working...
              X