Picked up new trailer this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up new trailer this weekend!

Picked up my new trailer this weekend. It has adjustable bunks right now. Taking it back this week to get the bunks welded for a custom fit. Spare tire is not mounted right now as it is waiting for final fit up. Wanted to post a few pictures for those interested.
    Attached Files

care to share a littl emore info on trailer, I have a friend in the need of a new trailer and that one looks nice.

Comment

Nice looking trailer, I guess you dip into the brackish water with the Al I-beam construction. Are you going to add some nose bunks on that upright near the winch or are they going to cut that down? I can just see an inexperienced friend drive that up too fast and ding the nose of that beautiful Tige´.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I'll get details and better pictures posted up tomorrow. I didn't realize the photos were as dark as they are until I posted the thread.

The trailer and boat go in tomorrow to get the welded bunks in place, the bow support adjusted and cut down, and boat buckles installed for transom tie down.

Yeah, I ski in brackish water which is why I chose the aluminum trailer. I'll get some pictures of the previous trailer posted in the next week or so. The current state of the old trailer is quite disturbing!

Comment

That thing should last a long time if you are skiing the salty Sandy B like I am. Care to share how much it is setting you back?

Comment

Sorry for the slow response. My facility has been undertaking a maintenance turnaround which means that the days have been long, and the nights have been really short. At any rate, here are the details on the trailer:
            - Manufacturer: McClain Trailers out of Houston, TX
            - Make: Model AT2460
            - Length: ~27'
            - 6,000 lbs GVWR
            - Torsion axles
            - Disc brakes
            - Prop guard (most of their trailers are for outboards)
            - Salt water package --> all stainless hardware
            - Welded bunks (can do adjustable which is slightly cheaper, but results in more hardware to change out later)
            - Aluminum rims
            - Spare tire and hub with mount to trailer
            - Classic package which is the diamond plate fender with side steps and the tear drop between the two axles

Sales rep was great to work with. Because my previous trailer was in such poor condition, the placed adjustable bunks on the trailer as a temporary item to allow me to take the boat and trailer back to their shop to allow for a custom fit. Took it in yesterday to have the bunks welded and the bow support trimmed down. I'll put some additional picutures up as soon as it is finished.

So the important question - what did it cost? All the above came out at just under $6K w/o TTL.

Comment

Thanks for the follow up and details. You ski the San Bernard?

Comment

San Bernard is correct. Let me know if you're interested in getting out some time. I hate to say it, but I struggle to find people to get out on the water...

Comment

rjh - out of curiosity, what is the big red cylinder on top of your tower? Some sort of auto rope storage/winder?

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
                    rjh - out of curiosity, what is the big red cylinder on top of your tower? Some sort of auto rope storage/winder?
                    It is an adjustable tow rope. I bought the boat from the guys at Texas Tige when they were opening shop in Houston. They kept the SkiReel on the boat for me. I've made a few modifications to it since making it hardwired to the boat with a switch on the dash. Makes it nice that rope length can be adjusted on the fly to accomodate different riders.

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
                      Good eye Ding, I overlooked that first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh171 View Post
                        San Bernard is correct. Let me know if you're interested in getting out some time. I hate to say it, but I struggle to find people to get out on the water...
                        You able to go during the week? Weekends are hard for me, but a set in the morning during the week is what I can usually pull off. Stay in touch when it starts to warm up a bit. I am actually heading to the river tomorrow, but I will be taking the fishing boat and looking for reds/trout.

Comment

I run the San Bernard as well. I am trying to salvage my trailer, but the rust is a real killer. I was thinking about having the trailer sand blasted and then come up with some solution to keep the rust at bay (maybe have the whole thing rhino lined or something.)

I sure hate to think I am going to have to drop 6K for a new trailer, but something tells me everything else I do is just a stop gap.

Last year had some a-hole shoot at me (well up in the air) because I was drifting and swimming in front of his house. I called the Sheriff, but I doubt they did anything. Guess I am going to have to be prepared with some fire power of my own next time.

Comment

Bman, that is crazy. Never had anything like that happen to me down there. I bought a new trailer from the guys at Texas Tige last summer, but didn't spend close to 6,000. Went the cheaper route, figured it should last quite a while.

Comment

Bman - what area of the SBR were you in when this happened? Were you closer to the Churchill bridge, McNeil bridge, or Blacks Ferry bridge? I can only say that I have come across some of the friendliest people out there.

As for the trailer, the salt water will inevitably destroy any tube frame trailer - even if it is galvanized. You can get a slightly cheaper trailer price if you go with galvanized steel I-beam or c-channel. I priced the equivalent galvanized tube frame trailer from BoatMate, and it was $5,800. The tube frame will simply corrode from the inside out due to the fact that it is nearly impossible to wash and dry the inside of the tube frame.

Comment

Working...
                              X