Disaster in Sac town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
    Sorry to hear about the problems. You have to stay in the right two lanes of the highway in CA and like you said it is 55ph while towing. You've got the right idea about battling the ticket. You will at least get the fine reduced. I imagine the fine will be pretty steep with multiple infractions like that?
    What brand tires are they and how old are they?
    How was the Delta after all of that?
    The cop only cited us for speed. But there is no way in h3ll we were doing 82.

Tire brand and make are the Carlisle Ultra Sport. They are just about a year old. I had the dealer put new tires on before we took delivery of the boat. We. Our 20v was a leftover so the original tires were 4 years old.

The delta was fantastic!!! Loved it. It's a little nerve racking, but the area we ended up playing in was worth it.

Comment

Had something similar happen on the day we picked up our very first powerboat. Driving back home with it, first time ever towing it, the axle came loose from one side of the trailer (failed U-bolt). The axle moved rearwards on that side of the trailer, forcing the tire into the trailer frame, which acted like a lathe and just ground the tire into dust. I was driving on the rim before I knew anything had happened. That entire side of the trailer collapsed down... the hull was within inches of the asphalt. Just imagine what kind of damage that would have done.

Long story, but it all worked out in Missoula Montana on a Sunday morning at an RV shop and a Les Schwab tire store. There was no saving my trailer's fender, though... had to buy a replacement.

Glad it wasn't more serious. You'll have that trailer fixed up in no time!

Comment

Wow that sux. I heard somewhere chicks dig body damage .

Hwy 5 tried to claim my boat and trailer a few years back on one of my first few trips down to the Delta. Glad to see you made it out there. Please keep Five's spot.....well a secret. The delta can definitely be extremely intimidating, especially on a nice weekend. Saturday was great, I thought the wind was going to come up more, but never really did.
        Last edited by Joeprunc; 05-22-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
          Wow that sux. I heard somewhere chicks dig body damage .

Hwy 5 tried to claim my boat and trailer a few years back on one of my first few trips down to the Delta. Did you make it to the Delta? Where did you put in? Saturday was nice, I thought the wind was going to come up more, but never really did.
          He launched at Wimpy's and came up to the Meadows. I didn't mind showing him my secret spot as he is from out of state and won't populate it much
          Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
            He launched at Wimpy's.... I didn't mind showing him my secret spot as he is from out of state and won't populate it much
            Yeah I missed that skimming thru the thread earlier. How has the wind been up there? I always loved the big oak trees up there that help knock down the wind.

Comment

Tide was very low so it was sketchy as hypen said, but the high levees and tall trees kept the wind calm up here. Yesterday was terrible though, supposed to be bad today too. Friday it's supposed to be nice again, all through the weekend
              Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Yep CA its 55 if towing. We like rules and regulations

There are always speed traps on hwy 80, usually they are in northern Auburn, and Meadow Vista, not Colfax. I always go the speed limit around that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
                  Tide was very low so it was sketchy as hypen said, but the high levees and tall trees kept the wind calm up here. Yesterday was terrible though, supposed to be bad today too. Friday it's supposed to be nice again, all through the weekend
                  Wow we hijacked the hell out of this thread....yesterday was miserable here too, right now the water down here looks like butter, but I know it will pick up in a few hours. If I go out this weekend it will be early to ski, and maybe back out again for a sunset run.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
                    Wow we hijacked the hell out of this thread....yesterday was miserable here too, right now the water down here looks like butter, but I know it will pick up in a few hours. If I go out this weekend it will be early to ski, and maybe back out again for a sunset run.
                    YOU THREAD HIGH JACKER!!

We loved the trip minus the trailer issues. It will definitely be a place we will hit up again.

Comment

Chitty luck Hyphen.

Comment

Prepare to drop over $1K

Comment

good thing for fenders!! glad everyone was ok and boat wasnt damaged!!

Comment

Working...
                          X