No announcement yet.

Skiing behind my 2006 20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use it at a cabin about 3 hrs from home. When we are there we keep it in the water, but we keep it in storage most of the time on the trailer.

Comment

thats good for it

Keeping it out of the water and most of all out of the sun is key. The sun will attack the darker colors. I was considering getting a skirt to sew onto my cover to keep the sun off the sides as well, its a small investment to keep the hull looking new. I am going to put the skirt around my hoist canopy instead because I keep my boat on the hoist 24-7-365 unless I take it up north to a friends cottage.
      If I can be of any help at all, your in deep doo doo!

Comment

My storage is inside, no wind, rain , snow or sun. It lets me keep the cover loose and not have to stretch it tight. It also has 24 on-site security. A necessary feature as last summer when it was at the lake, a kind individual relieved me of two amps and a sub.

Comment

theft

I don't think my radio is worth steeling. My pontoon boat sits in the water at the other dock with the keys in it. Never had a problem. Hope I'm not jinxin myself.

Comment

position

Originally posted by hooscal15 View Post
            I checked the plate and it is moving. I talked to the service tech at my dealer and he was going to check it when I do my winterize. We also talked about shimming the plate or moving the mount on the plate so it is in the water more at 0. When I purchased the boat I went with the 20V because it has the same hull as the 20i and most of the research I did indicated it was the best V configuration for skiing.
            Do the pics look close to the angles you have?

Comment

I will have to go to the storage facility to check it. I will be out there on the weekend and will check it then.

Comment

Have fun this weekend,I'm goin to be busy at a hunter safety class (overnight) with my youngest son, so the best shot I have at boat time is Sunday night. We'll see

Comment

Working...
                X