24V performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
    It is the Marine Power. I appreciate the heads up on the price discount but the dealer is covering it since I didn't make it from the trailer to the no wake zone once it left their building. I was just curious how the closed cooling actually worked in conjunction with raw lake water.

BTW, it was replaced at the annual service in December.

The questions is how long did you let your boat sit from the time it was replaced to the time it was used? Impellers should be changed at the start of your season not the end.

Comment

Originally posted by anhaney View Post
      The questions is how long did you let your boat sit from the time it was replaced to the time it was used? Impellers should be changed at the start of your season not the end.
      I still haven't heard if it is the impeller, but if it is, it was replaced in December and the first time time it was in the water was March with a once a month trip until I took it in for a rocking seat and intermittent oil gauge. Wait and see now but I was told it will be covered.
      "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
      "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

I would hope so. It does not take many revolutions for a dry impeller to be destroyed. Your luck couldn't be that bad.

Comment

anhaney,
          Thanks...It sure would have been nice to have this in the manual....

Comment

Originally posted by gman View Post
            anhaney,
            Thanks...It sure would have been nice to have this in the manual....
            Impellers are a very profitable service for the dealers and that is one of the items the technicians can use to make a living. The technicians are on flat rate wages and for them that is what they call gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnsmith View Post
              The only problem the marine power 6.0 was having is fixable. It was a heat problem and was causing fuel percolation. Give Dom at Forte's Inboard Connection a call at 888-517-3178. He is on here from time to time also so he might chime in, but he has a marine power 6 liter in a boat he uses in competition that he did the fix on and has had great success with it. Hope you make a deal on the 24v.

http://www.inboardconnection.com/
              This sounds like it could be my issue. Once my 05 24v is worked hard it will stall at idle. It will restart but then will immediately die. Once it is cooled down it starts up and runs great.

Any ideas out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X