First boat 2005 24V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long live the 24v surf monster!
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
      Duffy,
      Do you still have your 24V or have you "upgraded"? Your boat is legendary on every wake boat forum I have came across and is my primary inspiration.

Comment

I still have it, it's hard to upgrade when it surfs better then any boat I have tried (most of them) It's getting a little ghetto with its old age though.
        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I still have it, it's hard to upgrade when it surfs better then any boat I have tried (most of them) It's getting a little ghetto with its old age though.
          I’m glad to hear it. I hope I can eventually get mine setup to surf with the best of ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You will love it!

Comment

My boat has been sitting. Still have yet to get the motor fixed. This winter the motor is getting pulled. I’m going to pull all upholstery and carpet and the boat will be getting into the paint shop while the engine is getting repaired. I need a new prop shaft and prop so if Duffy or anyone else knows what I need to get in terms of the shaft please let me know. I have hated looking at this boat just sit but life keeps throwing curve balls.

Comment

Hope you’re able to get your boat all fixed up for next season

Comment

Got all the upholstery out. And also pulled the motor, trans, and VDrive. Have a new VDrive and am thinking about doing a crate 6.2 through marine power with an upgraded transmission.

Comment

Ordered a new motor from Marine Power today. Going with the 6.2 440HP with a new ZF63C transmission mounted. Should be delivered sometime mid January. Already have a brand new Vdrive to pair with it. Is there anyone with this engine that can tell me the pros and cons and also what prop should i run for surfing and for cruising. Started more teardown of the boat in preparation for paint. Got the carpet removed and all lights and snaps removed from the interior. More pictures will be posted later this week of the progress.

Comment

Duffy, If you have any input or things i should think of during this monster project it would be greatly appreciated. Wanting to do a surf tab/gate setup on this boat but am not really wanting to spend the money on the GSA system.

Comment

I think there are tons of systems out now. I have never surfed a 22v or 24v with a GSA, so I can't weight in. My nauticurl suck gate works great though.

Comment

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/wat...review-finally

Comment

This thing is going to be a beast once done. Doing all that work I would try and find a modern tower for it as well. Would really update the look.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkgcorp View Post
                              Ordered a new motor from Marine Power today. Going with the 6.2 440HP with a new ZF63C transmission mounted. Should be delivered sometime mid January. Already have a brand new Vdrive to pair with it. Is there anyone with this engine that can tell me the pros and cons and also what prop should i run for surfing and for cruising. Started more teardown of the boat in preparation for paint. Got the carpet removed and all lights and snaps removed from the interior. More pictures will be posted later this week of the progress.
                              any challenges getting that newer motor to run in this boat, or does it come with a standalone ECU etc?

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                                This thing is going to be a beast once done. Doing all that work I would try and find a modern tower for it as well. Would really update the look.
                                What do you mean an updated tower? I was thinking the same thing nut dont even know where to start to look or what to even look for. This is the only boating forum i am on

Comment

Working...
                                X