First boat 2005 24V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First boat 2005 24V

Hey everybody. New to the forum and new to Tige. I bought a 2005 Tige 24V. I believe it is the riders edition. It has a ballast system with fat sacks 2 in the front and 2 in the rear. The switch panel for the system has one rocker in the middle with 4 switches surrounding it. What would be the best way to see how exactly the previous owner had this done or is it factory. Also what would be good board holders for the factory tower for someone on a tight budget. Also what light would I need to replace the light fixture on the tow point on the tower as it looks like mine is missing the lens. Other than that the boat runs great with under 300 hours and is in mint condition cosmetically. If anyone has any suggestions on things to look for I’m all ears. Thank you.

Post a pic of your switches, might help out identify what you have.

Cheap board rack (assuming surfboards) go to amazon and get this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    and put your boards on your top, I use it and works like a charm. I put 3-4 boards up there in board bags. If you got good boards you don't want them in cheap racks.

Comment

x2 on the cargo net. I love mine.

You’ll need to post up some pics of the boat. duffymahoney is our resident 24v guy. Lots of other who know just about everything about those monsters as well. Legendary surf boat.

I’m having trouble visualizing your ballast switch set up. Sounds aftermarket for sure.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/5580

^^Im assuming this is the one you want. Just a guess tho without pics

Comment

Pics!?!? I have a 24v as well

Comment

The ballast rockers are almost certainly not factory, as I don't think Tige put factory ballast in that year. I have an '05 24V Riders edition as well, and it had no automated ballast when I got it. That being said, I'm guessing the middle rocker would fill/drain them all simultaneously, and the four individual switches fill/drain each individually. Interesting that you have two bags up front, probably because they were installed back when listing was a thing. That's no longer necessary if you have a suction cup wake device, I have the Mission Delta 1.0 that works pretty good. Due to the ledge in the fiberglass, I fill the non surf side about 80% to get the Delta in the right spot and wave cleans up really well. At 100% on the non-surf side, the Delta is too deep, especially when surfing port side. Any idea how big the rear bags are? I'm running 1100's, but I know a lot of people go with the 1440 Enzo's. Also, if you don't have a suction device, I've heard the Nauticurl is good, and I would probably go that direction if I had it to do over again. Unfortunately, after I spent $400+ on my Delta, they came out with a 2.0 which pretty much destroys my resale value, so it's not really practical to switch. Congratulations on the new boat, we're very happy with ours.
            Also, post a picture of your tower. My racks are a single stud design, that I'm also looking to replace as I currently have double wakeboard racks, and would prefer a triple rack wakeboard / wakesurf combo, but can't tell by shopping online which ones will fit, so I'll be interested to see if anyone else chimes in on that.

Comment

Here's what my racks look like.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

as I don't think Tige put factory ballast in that year.
                Ballast was an available option, so there could be some or all of a factory system remaining, then again, could be all aftermarket.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  Ballast was an available option, so there could be some or all of a factory system remaining, then again, could be all aftermarket.
                  I disagree. Maybe a dealer option, but I don't think the factory was. Can you prove me wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyyea View Post
                    Can you prove me wrong?

Hold my beer

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ank-dimensions

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewto...7e5fde7d5577f2

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=770979

Oh, and I forgot the leftover 05 22V with factory ballast the local dealer tried to get us in, in March of 06. We passed on it for a brand new 06 22Ve. Side note, dealer sat on that boat 4o the next for yesrs trying to get its 2005 market value out of it.
                    Last edited by chpthril; 07-31-2019, 04:12 PM.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Touché! But it looks like the factory ballast was hard tanks?

Comment

Yes. A 250# hard tank in rear locker and 150# in each mid-ship locker.

Comment

Congrats on the boat and welcome to the community! I have an 05 24V as well and have done quite a few upgrades and modifications to it over the last 3 years. I have done a custom ballast system with the help of Chpthrill, custom wood swim platform, cargo net interior storage, added a surf rack, a new tachometer (cuz the original didn't work), and FAE install. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need help with anything!

Here are links to my ballast build and swim platform build!

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Ballast-Thread

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...!!!&highlight=

My Stereo upgrade is next!!!

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies. I will get on and post pictures soon. I have had a couple good and bad experiences with this boat but overall love the surf. I recently got the upholstery redone. The head gaskets are currently blown since the end of last summer and i just now am starting to work on that. The V drive has a bad leak so i just continued to add oil last year. I now have a brand new V drive unit waiting to be installed. I am planning on removing the engine and doing a complete restoration to everything on this boat. The only question i have is where to find replacement guages. Im also planning on installing some surf tabs for ease of changing wave side. I am the only goofy footer in the family.

Comment

Pictures would be great! I bought a 2006 24ve last summer. Doing a ballast and surf tab install as soon as the parts come in from chpthril !

Comment

Working...
                              X