No announcement yet.

Fans to combat vapor lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will crank or turn over fine. It just won't restart after a hot soak situation. No fuel is getting to the intake. After it cools off or you cool it off, it will restart like normal.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by civilgee View Post
      Can someone describe the symptoms of vapor lock. I’ve got a 2000 2100v and after running, it get a little difficult to crank. I have to give it gas to crank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Rev the motor in neutral right before you shut it off. Should fire right back up next time you turn the key.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I have a 21v and used to run into this issue. I recently had to replace my ‘cool fuel’ pump, which was the only fuel pump in my boat, FYI. 350 MAG MPI, not Black Scorpion though.

Long ago I upgraded my blower fan and replaced all of the tubing. Now, from the minute we set foot on the boat until after it is back on the lift, the blower stays on. Haven’t had an issue since I kept it running, for whatever reason. I started doing that about 5 seasons ago around 300 hours, now we are well above 800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I got my 1996 pre2200 / mag 454 ski - the fuel pump didn’t work, and with the awareness of vapor lock condition, I just got rid of the VST and mechanical pump all together. I replaced it with a high pressure / high volume - external pump with a fuel tank return line. This way I always have cold fuel th the fuel injection rail. It has been flawless for 3 years so far.
          I don’t think i would call it “marine grade” but I’m happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mdk681 View Post
            Long ago I upgraded my blower fan and replaced all of the tubing. Now, from the minute we set foot on the boat until after it is back on the lift, the blower stays on. Haven’t had an issue since I kept it running, for whatever reason. I started doing that about 5 seasons ago around 300 hours, now we are well above 800.
            we did similar in the 2006 supra that had vapor lock issues and 3 seasons with never an issue again. basically would turn the blower on once boat was started and shut off once boat was shut off. blower became just like turning the key on... cheaper than the kit supra and others wanted to add an outboard fuel pump to solve the issue as 3 seasons and still on the factory blower...
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

So last season I posted I was experiencing something similar. I am not sure if the cause is "vapor lock" with a fairly new boat. I have 2016 Z1, 100 hrs. The boat now is showing signs after the engine is hot and I shut it off for a 5 min swap out of riders, the engine would just crank with no start up. I would typically have to do a "double key" to prime the fuel line and then it normally would fire right up. This is typically the routine for the past 50 engine starts.
              This is what I have done to trouble shoot: new fuel filter, cleaned flame arrestor, 93 octane fuel, fuel stabilizer in winter to combat water moisture, and just replaced (new $400) fuel pump assembly (Tige covered). I thought the fuel pump was failing to keep the fuel rail under pressure allowing fuel back in the tank.... No change after all of this. I guess I will just continue doing the "double key" prime the fuel line technique. Funny, never had this problem when the boat was new. It just started doing this at the end of last season. I have been trying to figure this out without having the boat down for the season. Once the boat fires up, it runs and performs fantastic. Dealer is 2.5 hours away in another state. For now, I am out of options.

Fuel Pump ***.jpg
              Last edited by NHarp1; 07-02-2019, 02:24 PM.
              Nick
              Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Working...
              X