No announcement yet.

2005 22v overheating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^2X on JB weld. Should hold for the remainder of the boats life, if not you can always redo it since its cheap and easy work.
    Most important part is prep work, like Gumby said, grind/sand it out some and drill the two ends to prevent further cracking. There is like a million youtube videos out there of people repairing everything with JB weld.

Comment

The stories I could tell you of the things I have fixed with JB Weld. if you prep the Item correctly (no oil or water residue) wait the time. You can fix a lot of cast aluminum/ cast iron. I never have much luck steel or extruded aluminum. but I can weld that so wouldn't even try JB.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby View Post
        The stories I could tell you of the things I have fixed with JB Weld. if you prep the Item correctly (no oil or water residue) wait the time. You can fix a lot of cast aluminum/ cast iron. I never have much luck steel or extruded aluminum. but I can weld that so wouldn't even try JB.
        You aren't kidding. Back in my diesel days had to replace a head on large Mercedes 906LA. There was pitting around each cooling jacket on the firing deck(this cat come from another resort and I believe it did 9k hours without SCA additive in coolant) . Took the chance and did the install anyways and just gave the stretch bolts a CH extra. Sure enough leaked coolant between 3 and 4. After calling and talking to some people at Detroit diesel, Pac Power, and some others the answer wasnt to try and machine the deck down. Instead it was fill the damaged area with a "Proprietary two part compound ". Came with Mercedes logos and in Mercedes packaging. Was a part A and part B. Pack it in. Let it cure. Then carefully sand it back down to the deck. Put it all back together and that snowcats done a few thousand hours since.
        Pretty sure it was JB weld repackaged in MB liveries. Either way JB is some pretty incredible stuff. We wont use it as repair in our shop but advise many customers they can go that route.

Comment

Awesome news on the overheating fix. Way to go

Comment

This happened to me this summer. Replaced impeller, checked thermostat and water pump. Ended up I had sucked up some lake scum that blocked a filter on I think the coolant pump on the side of the engine. I have to check the report again but pretty sure it was the coolant pump. Bottom line is it was just a plugged screen due to some stringy algae type stuff that sucked up thru the intake. As soon as this was removed the fake lake worked perfect. Before this the fake lake would not move water. Simple fix...
            Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X