No announcement yet.

Original Owner of 2001 2100V LTD. Info for those that need it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it is worth the pictures are all the right way.

Comment

Well I wish that were true- Depending on the OS and browser you're using, they will or won't resolve properly. I am on a Mac OS with Chrome browser right now and they don't resolve properly. I looked at them on my I pad and the links open the photos properly. There's definitely an issue with the way this website is set up and how it recognizes browsers- has to do with the responsive build design- this is basically an old forum construct.

Comment

I also looked at them yesterday and they were right side up. Maybe it was my work laptop, windows using Microsoft exploder (I know its awful), now using safari on my MacBook its not right. As much as I love this site it def has bugs. For whatever reason ever time I use chrome it makes me log back in every time I get back on, and then goes, oh you were already logged on, error.

but back on topic, you went with the monster or kyrpt swoop tower? I can't remember.
        Do you use your board racks? I find mine annoying, they beat the board around, then it tries to fly out at anything over surf speeds.

Comment

I went with the Krypt Swoop tower and Monster board racks with swivel mounts. So far they have been great
          Last edited by Will5150; 09-01-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Well I’m a little late replying to this thread! But an original owner to our 2001, 2100V loaded with all options. Love it! Always garaged and serviced every year! Have 780 hours on it but haven’t really used it but maybe 10 hrs a year the past 6 years due to life. Had to reupholster the back 3 seats once. No other interior issues. Our heater core kept breaking from choppy water so after replacing it 3 times hubby finally bypassed it. Steering cable is hit n miss. Tower is original. Tower of power system is Alpine still bumps. Boat is completely original. Trailer was redone once at the extreme factory bunks replace 3 times. This last year we had a major issue due to shotty mechanic at a Tigé dealer that actually ended up getting sued by factory and is no longer a Tigé dealer. Anyways after chasing their issues of not doing the service and having our impeller fail and a hose collapse due to it. Then having another mechanic jack up our boat when fixing other mechanics issues. We are finally up and running again. Boat has new fuel booster pump installed which was a mercruiser recall from 2002 that our original dealer failed to tell us about. New fuel pump from being misdiagnosed. New fuel injector from 2nd mechanic breaking it. Full service with impeller & tune up. We bought our Tigé 6-28-01 and she still looks and runs like the day we got her.
            Last edited by Bowen; 02-03-2019, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Oh ya I was going to ask. What props y’all running? We still have on our original SS 4 blade cutter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowen View Post
                Oh ya I was going to ask. What props y’all running? We still have on our original SS 4 blade cutter.
                Same- but also have a nibral 13 x 13 as a back up.

Comment

I bought a 2001 2100V Limited from a friend last Summer. It's been a great boat for us and seems to be just as solid as yours. I had to replace the steering cable immediately, but otherwise no complaints or problems. Our friend had also replaced the back seat cushions twice, but they are still in great shape. Thanks for the tip about drilling the bottoms for drainage.

I am in the process of installing foam flooring. Removing the carpet in the back will be an offseason project but starting with the parts already gel coated for now. Getting it to surf is another goal, and I'm happy to see it works well on the same boat for many others.

I am biased, but the older boats are more attractive than the newer ones, and small projects are always fun.

Comment

Well after almost 19 years of ownership, I sold my 2100V in late 2019 to an awesome family with 4 kids that are really enjoying it. I get pics every summer of them out on the boat- that's pretty awesome.

Comment

And for what it's worth, I sold it for $ 28750. not bad

Comment

Not bad at all and great to know. Not that I’ll sell anytime soon. Just too much fun!

Comment

help! Purchased a 2001 Tige that has no manuals. Anybody have a link to a 2001 21v manual? Sure could use one. Also any wiring diagrams avialable?

Tried to start boat the other day and it was dead. Thought the bilge pump had worn down the battery so I took it out and put a charge into it. When I hooked up the battery I initially did it backwards(i know) but the boat was still dead. No power to anything except the bilge pump. Any ideas?

Comment

Would you guys be scared of a 2001 21V with a rebuilt V Drive? It's a 2001 for $27k. Second owner has had it for a few years and bought it with the rebuilt drive and has the paperwork for it. No idea on hours, he says this model doesn't have a meter? Steering cable has been replaced recently and had a tuneup this past spring. After market ballast system and perfect pass. Seems a bit high for a 20 year old boat, but maybe a fair deal in this environment. Just not sure about the rebuilt drive.

Comment

Thanks, I’ll listen out while testing it. Looks to be in decent shape from the pics. Will need to get the hours checked by a mechanic if the test drive goes well.

Comment

Working...
                              X