No announcement yet.

99 2200v vs 99 2100v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey...let’s see some pics. I miss my old 2200v. Super versatile. In many ways I prefer its wake over my current boat...but I’m more of a crossover type. Puts out a pretty good surf wave listed.

As an older boat, you need a few things.

Couple things to have onboard
    Spare alternator
    Spare starter
    Wire and connectors of various sizes
    Good toolkit on the boat.

I replaced alternator at least twice in the 8 summers I had it. Super easy....if you have one available. Would be silly to go to Powell without one and get 40 miles up river and not have one. Same goes for starter.

Weekend saver prop. Used twice over 10 summers of boating. Make sure you have prop remover, extra nuts and extra prop key.

Maybe cut a piece of stock to a certain taps length....or make a few different lengths. Then if your taps goes out, you can still boat. Never happened to me but did happen to a buddy once.

Definitely get perfect pass stargazer. Simple install I did in the middle of American Lake one afternoon.

Don’t fill gas tank up then store it. I did that once and it expanded with the heat and left a bunch of gas in the bilge. Took a long time to get rid of gas smell. Squeezed a bit of dish soap in every time and it eventually washed itself out.

Steering cable is pretty easy to change if stiff

Modern tower boat. Speedy but sweet.

Comment

I have had my 21v for 2 years, had itbwetsanded land year, looks new again! Looks like both still have the original Metcraft towers, might want to consider a tower upgrade in the future, in the meantime take extra caution to keep the bolts tight on the current tower... Congrats on the boat! Enjoy

Comment

Congrats on the new ride! There are so many things that you will learn on here... but honestly just to start... I would simply make sure the fluids are good and check the plugs, distributor cap/rotor, and wires, serpentine belt, pulleys and impeller. Drive it and make sure the temperature is good and note the sound of the motor as you take off and slow down. You'll need to understand how the boat sounds when running well so that when something goes awry (knock on wood) you will know that something is wrong. Regardless, my 2 cents is to just enjoy it and figure out how you wanna use it (i.e. surf only, wakeboard, both, etc.). I have had my 2100v for 9 years and while things have gone wrong, I was able to make the best of most trips. Have a plan for getting stuck on the water and be prepared to fix a few things. I surf only now and have done a lot to my boat to get it to where it needs to be.. I have never worried too much about what it looked like but I still have always taken care of my boat. The best part about your new purchase is that many many people have posted great threads about it and most of the repairs you may encounter you will be able to do on your own. Congrats again and looking forward to seeing your pics on the water. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by h2osk8er00; 06-03-2018, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X