99 2200v vs 99 2100v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 2200v vs 99 2100v

Looking at buying my first boat. Had a terrible experience driving 13 hrs round trip looking at the first one I thought I was going to buy...only to find out it had 300 more hours and was dirty as **** when I looked at it

Now, I have found two prospects that I am ready to pull the trigger on.
    -A 1999 2100v with only 370 original hours really clean and great owner that I met through a customer. Has perfect pass but no ballast setup (they didn’t surf at all behind it) and no surf board that comes with no wakeboard racks
    -1999 2200v with 500ish hours looks clean (seeing it this weekend) 800lbs of ballast no perfect pass comes with surf wedge and surf boards etc

Any thoughts on the biggest differences between these boats other than the obvious? (Length)

Thinking I could pick up the 2200v for about 1k less than the 2100v

Thank you for your help. Stoked to join the Tige family

Thinking the fact that they didn’t surf behind the 2100v is a major advantage it has? Heard that surfing is tough on the bot?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryro7 View Post
      Thinking the fact that they didn’t surf behind the 2100v is a major advantage it has? Heard that surfing is tough on the bot?
      I have to disagree with this. If the boat has the right prop and regular maintenance, it is not any harder on the boat.

A ~20 yr old boat with less hours is not always the best. The way it has been 'laid up' will be more important than the hours - and of coarse the regular maintenance.

On the ballast - Lots of info on this site to DIY ballast. Contact MLA for the hookup. If your looking to get in and go, then obviously go with the 2200v. If you go with that one, get perfect pass ASAP. Its a marriage saver!

Comment

2200v is narrower (96" i believe) and the 21v was 100". 2200v has no spray pockets, which makes the back end a little wider. From what I remember the boat overall was taller than the 21v and was deeper in the interior. Both boats will perform excellent for what you are doing with it. I personally prefer the 2200v. Rarer boat, love the solid rear hatch and I think it has the potential to surf better than the 21v because of the lack of spray pockets. Just personal opinions. I haven't been in a 2200v since '99 and we didn't surf them back then lol! Hopefully someone with a lot more experience with them both will chime in to help.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

So we have looked at both. I think we like the 22v slightly more than the 21v but I am so stuck on the perfect pass. Everyone I talk to about the two boats says it’s no big deal and not necessary but I feel like it is a major deal. Right now the boats are priced the same and I don’t feel like I have much more negotiating power. Here are some of the pros and cons of each one:

22v: has ballast, speedometer and depth finder don’t work, single hatch sun pad takes forever to raise. Interior is absolute mint. The limited style of interior not the riders edition style. Metcrap Tower felt a little more sturdy. Looked well taken care of and had service records available, custom boat cover

21v: Lower hours, still nice interior but riders edition style with the triangular sections, has perfect pass, no ballast, tower needed some tightening, minor gel coat cracking at base of metcrap tower, all gauges work, recently serviced

I’m absolutely torn

If you were choosing between two boats would everyone for sure choose the one with perfect pass? Also, I have read about perfect pass that isn’t compatible with multiple types of water sports ie: surfing and wake boarding? Can someone explain if that’s true? Here’s a pic of the perfect pass monitor below
          Attached Files

Comment

Get the 22 and install perfect pass or Hydrophase. Installing hydrophase will be easier than installing a ballast system. You'll be very happy.

Comment

Thanks UNSTUCK

Comment

I installed perfect Pass on my 2100v and pp was a 2 hour project. Super easy and cannot live without it and I think it is $1200 +/-. I just installed MLA ballast system and it works awesome and throws a monster wave. I absolutely love it as a surfer. Im partial to 2100v. That said, the 22 might throw a bigger wave, so I might lean that direction. Post pics of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3CF5A258-5B7B-4165-BF61-33A317E10747.jpg1BBF2A2B-C2AD-4A26-B3AC-B7997382925E.jpg
                  2200v

Comment

7C0E04C7-E5E6-45C0-9DDC-83A83662979D.jpg91EC73EA-9E83-4FF6-B773-D2C1EED9DEF7.jpg2ADC1CC3-88BE-4B14-BD5D-537364C016AC.jpg

2100v

Comment

Did you install Stargazer GPS or older paddle wheel? Been looking a lot at Hydrophase and think I might go that route if I go with the 2200V. Anyone have any thoughts on PP vs Hydro? I definitely like the appeal of the GPS unit

Comment

My vote is for the 2200v. Ballast plumbed (easy to change to different bags later), better service records, nicer interior. You will likely change the tower out on either boat eventually. Lack of speedo is corrected by cruise control (which is a must in my opinion, and I vote for GPS based unit). The lack of spray pockets may yield a slightly deeper pocket on the wave as well. Good luck with whatever you buy and post pics of you surfing it

Comment

Just put a deposit down on the 22! Gonna lake test and bring a mechanic with me this week. Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

I installed stargazer gps perfect Pass. Great product. Unfortunately, I have no input on the other option as I have never seen one. Looks like you made a great decision with the 2200v.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought the 22 after the lake test and seeing that everything checked out great! Will post pics ASAP.

Getting prepared to detail her up this coming week. What is everyone's go to process on getting the boat ready for spring? I'm gonna check out other threads as well but thought I would make it easy. If I don't find anything good I'll create a new thread to see what everyone says. Some definite small scuffs, sticky residue on gel coat and I want her to shine before I show her off to my friends...ha!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X