Just purchased 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IWantATige View Post
    I finally pulled the trigger and am now a member of the Tige family. Bought a 2008 22Ve. It appears to be in great shape, but I will need to put a ballast system in it as it currently does not have one. (I guess I need to get with Chpthrl on this). Been reading this forum for a few years now while I waited for the right deal to come around and can’t wait to jump in and join the fun. Just wanted to say hi to everybody.

Come on Summer!

Now you’ve gotta change your tag to “I’veGotATige”!

Congrats on the purchase! I purchased one of IDboatings speed controllers but haven’t needed it yet. It’s better built than the original and is about $700 cheaper than Tiges OEM one.

I’ve got an 07’ 22VE, I did a write up on ballast install a while back, it may help you a bit as the boats are identical. I used reversible pumps but lots of people use aerators. Both have strengths and weaknesses.

My bow filler cushion stays in the boat all the time. Makes the bow a big comfy seat and creates a little storage area under it. (I stow my cooler and people’s flip flops under there. You’ll find the original cooler blows. I took mine out and use the area for storage.
    I personally use the walkway cushion quite a bit because I love to lay back there and sun soak. It’s easy to pull it out and stow it under the glove box storage area whenever it’s not needed. If you do get one made don’t forget to stow it before you hop on the highway! It’ll stay put on the lake but I know people that have lost them driving home.
    Last edited by Jetdriver; 03-06-2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Could somebody who has the transom filler cushion post a few pics of it so I can get a better idea what I would need to make... even better, any of you guys who never use it interested in selling one?
      Is it literally just a cushion or does it have some kind of hard backing to give it a little weight/help it stay in place

Thanks.

Comment

Let me know your email address and I will send you a cad file of the cushion. It was two pieces of 1/2" PVC sheet material from what I recall. The vinyl was pretty simple on it. Any upholstery shop can make you a quick skin and wrap it. Be sure you have some pics of your current upholstery or bring a piece with you.
        Last edited by KoolAid; 03-06-2018, 03:03 PM.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

It’s just a piece of HDPE with foam and vinyl on top. Trick is making it just the right size so it stays in place when you push it in.

F34D72E7-FBAA-4275-AD72-4D62FBD63BD8.jpg
          85E15075-F7E2-42D4-BB26-F16224B2B436.jpg
          209CD4EC-8614-490C-B067-64993D2732F0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
            Let me know your email address and I will send you a cad file of the cushion. It was two pieces of 1/2" PVC sheet material from what I recall. The vinyl was pretty simple on it. Any upholstery shop can make you a quick skin and wrap it. Be sure you have some pics of your current upholstery or bring a piece with you.
            Would you mind sending me the CAD design? I have a buddy that wants to have one made too. I’ll PM ya my email.
            Thx!

Comment

Congratulations on the beautiful boat. I have a 2008 22Ve and love it. Chpthrl for ballast is the right plan. I use his custom sacs and aerator pumps. He was invaluable in support and guidance. I like aerators because they are faster than impeller pumps, but it requires more parts, hoses, wiring and holes drilled in the hull.
              I would ask Chpthrl about adding a port to each sac for a crossover system with a reversible impeller pump. Even if you do not choose to add the crossover pump right away, it would be good to have the port in the sac.
              You will love this boat. And you should buy an FAE!! No question it is a must have for surfing and I think there is a group buy right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                Thanks KoolAid for the CAD and Jet for the pics. Never thought I could get the CAD for the seat. You wouldn’t happen to have a CAD file for the bow filler too would you?

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                  Honestly, I have the cushion for the back walkway and I have never actually put it in place. Mine stays in the garage. Don't ever have enough people hanging on the back of the boat that I feel like I'm missing it. It just pressure fits in place. Easiest to make one if you'd like to have it

The bow filler on the other hand I would also like to have made as the front of our boats are quite small.

...and congrats on the boat!!
                  I also agree about the rear cushion. It was something I absolutely thought I needed when I bought my boat but I don't think I have used it once. Congrats on the new boat. The VE is awesome, we love ours.

Comment

Originally posted by IWantATige View Post
                    Thanks KoolAid for the CAD and Jet for the pics. Never thought I could get the CAD for the seat. You wouldn’t happen to have a CAD file for the bow filler too would you?

I sure do :-) I will send them in DXF format.
                    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Congrats on the tige

Comment

Working...
                      X