Just purchased 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just purchased 22ve

I finally pulled the trigger and am now a member of the Tige family. Bought a 2008 22Ve. It appears to be in great shape, but I will need to put a ballast system in it as it currently does not have one. (I guess I need to get with Chpthrl on this). Been reading this forum for a few years now while I waited for the right deal to come around and can’t wait to jump in and join the fun. Just wanted to say hi to everybody.

Come on Summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! Nice looking boat. Keep an eye on the cross brace piece above the bimni of that tower. Weve seen two of them crack, but it was because base hardware come loose and tower was getting racked side to side. Just make sure its all tight to avoid trouble down the road. Have fun!!

Comment

Congratulations and Welcome to being an official Tige Owner. I see the registration is in Ohio. Where was the boat located?

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
        Congratulations and Welcome to being an official Tige Owner. I see the registration is in Ohio. Where was the boat located?
        Boat was on Norris lake in TN

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
          Congrats! Nice looking boat. Keep an eye on the cross brace piece above the bimni of that tower. Weve seen two of them crack, but it was because base hardware come loose and tower was getting racked side to side. Just make sure its all tight to avoid trouble down the road. Have fun!!
          Thanks for the tip! Will definitely check the tower over to make sure everything is tight before I head out for the first time.

Comment

Congrats! Good looking boat!

Comment

Sweet boat and congrats! When your ready to set it up let me know and I can ship you a custom taps plate that I build that will make our surf wave legit.
              surf till u die.

Comment

Great looking boat, love the grey and orange

Comment

Long Live the VE. I would also get in touch with IDBoating for an upgraded speedset along with getting ahold of Mike (CHPTHRIL) for your ballast setup. The VE was quite a bit ahead of its time for surfing that boat naturally produces a really quality wave. Hope it warms up out there soon, looking forward to seeing some photos of that thing on the water.
                  My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by 18c racing View Post
                    Sweet boat and congrats! When your ready to set it up let me know and I can ship you a custom taps plate that I build that will make our surf wave legit.
                    18c, I know you sent me pictures of the wake, but curious what is different? Wider, longer? I think I saw that wake9 played with this a long time ago, were you involved with that? Does this help more or less when surfing level?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m thinking I will make a bow filler cushion to go in it (seems straight forward enough) but I’d also like a filler cushion to go on the starboard side of the back sun deck. I saw this on a different boat while I was still looking for a boat. How is that cushion attached? Do you think this is something I could order from somewhere or just have an upholstery shop make one?
                      Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Honestly, I have the cushion for the back walkway and I have never actually put it in place. Mine stays in the garage. Don't ever have enough people hanging on the back of the boat that I feel like I'm missing it. It just pressure fits in place. Easiest to make one if you'd like to have it

The bow filler on the other hand I would also like to have made as the front of our boats are quite small.

...and congrats on the boat!!

Comment

[QUOTE=IWantATige;789389]I’m thinking I will make a bow filler cushion to go in it (seems straight forward enough) but I’d also like a filler cushion to go on the starboard side of the back sun deck. I saw this on a different boat while I was still looking for a boat. How is that cushion attached? Do you think this is something I could order from somewhere or just have an upholstery shop make one?
                          Thanks for the advice.

Agree with BC, my rear cushion pad stays in the boat house, I've never put it in.

Comment

Yep, transom walkway filler never saw daylight. Packed it in a bag and stored in the basement day one.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I had my ve for 5 years and both the bow filler and the transom filler never saw the light of day. now the bow windblock was used quite regularly in the colder months...
                              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                              X