Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tige R22 - another boat added to the R series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
    I was actually talking about the bow.
    Whoops, sorry. And I agree, I prefer a normal bow walkthrough as well. Which I guess means I prefer centered walkways bow to stern.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      In past model years, the "Premium Sound" option level consisted of 3 pair of in-boats, 10" woofer and amp. "Tower of Power" got you a dedicated tower amp and at least one pair of tower speakers. I doubt trailer is included as they never had been from Tige. Likely 90% of the trailers are done at dealer level.
      That's kinda what I thought, was just curious.

Comment

Premium sound in these are a pair of Icon tower speakers, Icon in-boats and then a 10" sub I believe. It's also a different head unit than what the other boats have and there's no integrated volume control or remote on the driver's side of the boat. That would be cured by putting in a 420.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
          I really like what Tige is doing with this new "R Line". We went from a 2013 Z1 to a 2014 G23 and are currently without a wakeboat. I am very interested in the R21, but we will not be purchasing a new boat again, so maybe in a year or two. Boat payments will no longer be in our household. I am closely watching the Supreme and Tige R Line line up to see what is coming out as some will show up used in a couple years. After having all the bling and expense of the G23 (loved the boat by the way), we decided that we really are looking for a boat that simply surfs. Simple, clean, no tower speakers, simple stereo, just a great "budget" surf boat. However after having the NSS equipped G, my wife will NOT go back to driving a listed boat. I really think that Tige is hitting a very sweet spot with these boats as we all know and it is widely recognized that Tiges do surf and surf well. I believe these boats will give Tige some solid market share gain and give the Supreme's, Moomba's, MBs and the likes a run for their money! If they can keep quality dealers in place such as in our area things should be good. Excellent work Tige!
          I agree, Tandy. I like the simplicity and the price point. And, as much as I like my Alpha Z tower, I miss the ability to buy aftermarket racks like I could for my old tube tower.

One thing I question on the new series is the dash. I haven't seen it in person yet, but in the pics, it looks kind of ugly to me. More importantly, though, when I think simplicity, I think of manual switches, not a touch screen. I like my Tige Touch now -- it's cool and modern and "techy" -- but honestly, I don't think it makes things any easier than simple manual switches and a stereo head unit. And I do worry about the long term reliability of it (although they've been out for over 5 years now, and I haven't heard about any problems).

Comment

That would actually be my only gripe as well. I like the plain style with not a lot going on. Being that you're already reducing the size of the screen compared to the Higher end model I think you need a couple analog gauges in there at the bare minimum just due to screen size alone.

Comment

the screen is actually very easy to use with the addition of extra buttons on the side to aid as shortcuts. I spent about 30 minutes playing with it and I like it.

Comment

Working...
              X