Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tige R22 - another boat added to the R series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige R22 - another boat added to the R series!

Just got this in my email, the R22! Budget minded RZ2?
    http://www.tige.com/boats/r22
    R22 Price: $65,814 USD
    *Includes Diamond Tower with Swivel Board Racks, R-Premium Sound System, TAPS 3 Surf System, Surf+Wake XL Ballast, and a Boat Cover
    Last edited by Timmy!; 11-12-2015, 07:52 PM.

i really like the true walk through walkway. Glad to see the captains chair still swivels. I like the tube style towers for their speaker flexibility.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I can't get used to the tower that thing is terrible looking alpha z all the way for me
      surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by 18c racing View Post
        I can't get used to the tower that thing is terrible looking alpha z all the way for me
        It's a little bit taller than the Alpha Z too though. I can stand under it but hit my head on the Alpha. I rode on an RZ2 that the customer ordered this tower instead of the alpha z and I think it worked pretty well.

Comment

Agree there alpha is a bit low, I havnt seen a pipe tower in person yet either.
          surf till u die.

Comment

Does the R22 share the same hull with the RZ2 like the RZR and R20?

I like that concept for sure. I have always liked the look and performance of the newer Tige lines, but the dealer here could care less about moving wakeboats and prices them out of touch with reality. I have walked out of the dealership shaking my head twice with cash in hand. Come end of the season their blowout pricing was even lower than what I was asking to pay 4mos prior.

Comment

I have to say that I actually like the simplicity of the new line. I really don't mind the tower either, its functional. It would be nice to have a few more details about what's actually included in some of the categories of the list. For instance it would be nice to know what is included in the premium audio system. My guess is that the cans on the tower would be an added option and expense. From the build a boat on the website it looks like the upgrades are the motor for the 400 Raptor, the tower cans, and possibly the flooring. I'm guessing that base price does not include a trailer either but I could be wrong. The new line is something id be interested in. Don't get me wrong I love the regular line but the boat market is so inflated right now it makes the payments on the regular line a hard pill to swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                i really like the true walk through walkway.
                Would be nice if it were centered. Our 24Ve has the exact same walkway and nobody - NOBODY - uses it. They walk right down the center on the sundeck pads as if the walkway wasn't even there.

Comment

I was actually talking about the bow. Tige used to offer an open walkway and bow with a filler cushion. Then migrated to a playpen style bow with a built in cooler. This forced you to step up into the bow and walk across the bow seats. As to the walk-through transom, I prefer it off center. I liked back in of on the Centurion Avalanche we almost bought and its what drew us to the 06 22ve which it debuted on and continues today on the RZ boats.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by IDBoating View Post
                    Would be nice if it were centered. Our 24Ve has the exact same walkway and nobody - NOBODY - uses it. They walk right down the center on the sundeck pads as if the walkway wasn't even there.
                    DiamondBackTower.jpg

This picture is on the website under Diamond Tower. The walkway is centered, in the picture.

Comment

That looks like an R21. Look at the 3 sec mark in the R22 video above, you can see that the transom walk through is still off to the STBD side

Comment

I road in the R22 that is actually in that video, it is the same running surface as the Rz2, just a stripped out interior for the price point. A slightly smaller touch screen, comes with a 360 instead of a 400 Raptor standard. The tower itself is very solid, not at the Alpha Z level but you can still do pull ups and shake it and feel how solid it is. Excellent choice for wake boarding, surfing or skiing.

Comment

Originally posted by SKSailboatshop View Post
                          I road in the R22 that is actually in that video, it is the same running surface as the Rz2, just a stripped out interior for the price point. A slightly smaller touch screen, comes with a 360 instead of a 400 Raptor standard. The tower itself is very solid, not at the Alpha Z level but you can still do pull ups and shake it and feel how solid it is. Excellent choice for wake boarding, surfing or skiing.
                          What's included in the "R Premium Sound System"? Is trailer included or not? Do they have a bimini for the new tower?

Comment

I really like what Tige is doing with this new "R Line". We went from a 2013 Z1 to a 2014 G23 and are currently without a wakeboat. I am very interested in the R21, but we will not be purchasing a new boat again, so maybe in a year or two. Boat payments will no longer be in our household. I am closely watching the Supreme and Tige R Line line up to see what is coming out as some will show up used in a couple years. After having all the bling and expense of the G23 (loved the boat by the way), we decided that we really are looking for a boat that simply surfs. Simple, clean, no tower speakers, simple stereo, just a great "budget" surf boat. However after having the NSS equipped G, my wife will NOT go back to driving a listed boat. I really think that Tige is hitting a very sweet spot with these boats as we all know and it is widely recognized that Tiges do surf and surf well. I believe these boats will give Tige some solid market share gain and give the Supreme's, Moomba's, MBs and the likes a run for their money! If they can keep quality dealers in place such as in our area things should be good. Excellent work Tige!
                            "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by RZRCO23 View Post
                              What's included in the "R Premium Sound System"? Is trailer included or not? Do they have a bimini for the new tower?
                              In past model years, the "Premium Sound" option level consisted of 3 pair of in-boats, 10" woofer and amp. "Tower of Power" got you a dedicated tower amp and at least one pair of tower speakers. I doubt trailer is included as they never had been from Tige. Likely 90% of the trailers are done at dealer level.

Comment

Working...
                              X