No announcement yet.

Taps 3 - weighted on one side only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul I'm in the middle of Kansas actually.

Comment

Cool thanks Paul! I might be in the market for a boat similar to what you have. When you are ready to sell shoot me some info I might be interested.

Comment

JLG, for some reason I thought you were in the CDA, Idaho area........no idea how I came to that conclusion. My boy and I were trying to figure out who had a Z3 on the lake.

The dealer will be a new one, they are working out the details for another existing dealer to handle service etc.... We have known the family who is positioning them for the dealership for years, good people.

Davcoug; I was planning on detailing it tomorrow and then taking some pictures. For a teaser..................2008 24Ve with a 2015 Samson Tower with all the goodies. Seadek on the swim platform and walkthrough area. FAE and two new (green) underwater lights - damn things were 200.00 bucks each. Custom ballast system and then all the normal Tige stuff.
        Paul Middlemore

Comment

Sounds good, sent you a PM with my contract info.

Comment

Originally posted by davcoug View Post
            Paul, where is the new dealership gonna be? I live just west of Spokane and it would be awesome to have a closer dealer.
            This news gives me aquarium feelings (50 first dates...). I will probably be second in line behind Paul, trying to sell my 24ve and get into a Z3 with AVX. Although, I love my 24ve and it surfs better than any other boat that I've got access to.
            I've tried talking with the Tige dealer out of Flathead, and couldn't get into the ballpark of what I would consider a reasonable price.

I'm usually out on Hayden, but will probably be back on CDA next year, as I have family with a spot on the Spokane river. Please say hello if we cross paths!

Kirk.

Comment

Kirk,
              They haven't made the official announcement yet so I hesitate to put out all I know......................I can tell you that most likely the new dealer will be about five miles east of the state line off I90; they are still working out the details; My boys have known the dealer for years now and we were able to link all the dots.

I would agree on the 24Ve, best wake out there (CDA) but in order to take it to the next level we need a longer wake. I love my 24Ve but when I compare my wake to ragboy's current videos, there is no way I am going to get there with a 24Ve. In fact I linked up with Robert and he confirmed what I was thinking; Z3 with AVX in order to get the premium surf wave.

I finished detailing it today and wouldn't you know it - rain is forecasted. Both the garage and shop have current projects so what does a guy do in North Idaho......break out a blue tarp.

So our season is done as I need to get it sold but for sure we need to link up next year. We always run the Spokane River (yes two dead heads this year - but just a prop tune up) normally in the weekday mornings and then the boys cruise the afternoons with their friends.

I am planning on a two week trip to Dworshak next year...........best water I have ever seen in North Idaho; actually already have the date; July 31 to Aug 13. And only three hours from here, that is pulling a boat time. Check it out.

Paul
              Paul Middlemore

Comment

Paul,

I've lived in North Idaho all my life, and I've never been to Dworshak - I didn't even know it was in Idaho! Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip down there and check out the campgrounds.

Kirk.

Comment

Kirk,
                  Can't claim all my life in Idaho but a good 23 years of it and I never heard of the joint until last year. We did the same thing, took a day drive down there before committing to it. RV camping is outstanding and the tent areas look just as good. Plenty of space between each camp; remote as hell so there isn't a crowed feel. I did talk to some folks who have been going there for 17 years and they said that the July 4th weekend is nuts though. They got these floating "safe" docks throughout the reservoir (check it out on goggle earth), square plastic docks which make for great tie ups. Reservoir status would be the only drawback as the level goes down from July 4th on. It dropped 8 feet while we were there, no worries plenty deep for all water sports but there isn't a camp swim area and perhaps that is why the State Park doesn't get too much attention. I would do 10 to 15 minute surf runs and never cross a wake. I ran the boat for 30 minutes at about 20mph getting back to camp one night and never crossed another wake. Amazing water
                  Paul
                  Paul Middlemore

Comment

I also have questions about which way to go.

Currently have a 2011 RZR and with surf ballast and swapping out the horseshoe up front with two 550lbs (probably only get 800lbs) up front I have been very impressed with the wave. 2011 does not have the VX OR AVX.

I am leaning towards moving to the RZX as we need a bigger boat and I love the deeper hull for out 2 kiddos. Gets pretty sketchy right now with 2600 lbs of ballast, rub rail is under, and takes some skill to not dip the nose. Not to mention gear and 4-7 adults. But the wave is AMAZING

NOW MY QUESTIONS.
                    1. Is Taps 3 going to give you a better wave than AVX IF you still list the boat to one side and drop the taps plate on that side?
                    2. With wake boarding what happens if you drop the two outside taps3 plates? Is that going to give you a bigger overall wake?

There needs to be some solid testing here? ASR was a big bust and I'm surprised they didn't know the surf wave was weak prior to release.

I like the option to transfer, but I don't see myself riding a smaller wave just to be able to transfer.

Comment

My boat is in production as we speak....... Z3. I went round and round with this question changing my order 2-3 times before settling, and ill share with you what I have come up with after extensive conversations with tige direct and people who own boats with both systems....

The Avx is refined, its a system that is pretty dialed in when speaking in terms of adjustability and water depth. Wanna run in a constant shallow 7ft lake? That system can produce..

Now,

The taps 3 being newer, has taken guys some time to figure out its quirks, guys with the RZX are still dialing it in. What I have seen, learned and then tested on my own in terms of the z3 with Taps3 is that the boat can produce starkly different results with different setups...

Set up 1- Evenly weighted gives the wave a similar look as the avx but not as steep upfront....... however you have the side to side adjustability and the length which in its own right is insane merely for ease and convenience. Not as steep for airs up front but still awesome.

Set up 2- Slight list. Push the boat over onto one side about 4-5 degrees and walla, merely identical wave as the AVX in my opinion... Steep up front and long exactly what the AVX is known for.

The only benefit I see that still holds true is the shallow water debate, I still think this is where the avx shines, however if the water depth isnt consistent then its moot.

In my opinion and keep in mind I was an AVX guy before placing my order, its taps3 my a landslide with all things considered..
                      Germaine Marine
                      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                      X