No announcement yet.

Changing out the cutlass bearing on 2008 24Ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are boats out there with an offset prop shaft in regards to the rudder. Tige's 2008 24ve is not one of them.

Got the boat all buttoned up and test drove it this late afternoon. Smooth as silk and all the vibrations are gone. My son Tom really pulled through and did a majority of the work; this old man doesn't like bending over for hours.............................

We are heading out to the Colorado River near Bythe CA. tomorrow; my old stomping grounds.
    Paul Middlemore

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Middlemore View Post
      There are boats out there with an offset prop shaft in regards to the rudder. Tige's 2008 24ve is not one of them.
      Neither is my 2009 24Ve. But the shop that swapped out my transmission claimed that Nautiques (for whom they are also the local dealer) DO have offsets, which is why they didn't think to include that labor in their original quote to PCM. Or so they claimed.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
        Neither is my 2009 24Ve. But the shop that swapped out my transmission claimed that Nautiques (for whom they are also the local dealer) DO have offsets, which is why they didn't think to include that labor in their original quote to PCM. Or so they claimed.
        The techs at my dealer pull the shaft forward to get it out of the boat. They just have to disconnect the floor from the hinges and the shaft comes right out. This is on the Z3's anyway...
        2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
          The techs at my dealer pull the shaft forward to get it out of the boat. They just have to disconnect the floor from the hinges and the shaft comes right out. This is on the Z3's anyway...
          Different set up. Anything with a Walter has to go aft. The zf 63IV has the shaft pass through the case so it's possible. And I looked at my neighbors ve and I'll be dammed if it's not offset, unreal. I now wonder if they were going to use the zf in those hulls and then changed after layup.
          Glad to hear everything runs way better now. If you drive to Blythe then you can make it to temple bar, you guys in for the reunion?
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
            I looked at my neighbors ve and I'll be dammed if it's not offset, unreal.
            Just to be clear: Does that mean their Ve is offset, or not?

Comment

The ve is NOT offset and you have to drop the rudder. D'OH on me!
              Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
              X