Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by do420jc
    Hey Dog,
    Where can I get that 3 blade prop? I was at my dealer yesterday and told me that three blade props were made for I-drives not v-drives. He told me to put a 4 blade on my 2000 21V. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Definately call ACME. They spent a lot of time explaining things to me about a different prop for my boat. They will want to know whay your Wide Open Throttle (WOT) RPM is now along with make, model, and engine and various other questions.

I have a 525 now and am going down to a 635 to get my WOT up. I was having a lot of trouble holding wakeboard speeds even with perfect pass. They told me that my proble was my WOT is only 4450. It needs to be higher.

ACME actually suggested I go to a 911 which is a 13 x 10.5, but my dealer wanted me to go one step at a time. I will know after next weekend!

Comment

Thanks Man,
      Yeah my dealer says no go on the 3 blade, but have since done a bunch of poking around and it sounds to me like the 3 blade is the way to go. I never drive over 30mph. I am pulling or being pulled 3-5hrs 5 times a week so I definatly looking for a prop with a great holeshot and good hold on the speed. Thanks again, do420jc

Comment

Yeah my dealer says no go on the 3 blade,
        Did he give you a reason why?

Comment

Originally posted by bneub
          He just said that three blade props were for DD's not VD's. I am going there this am to pu my boat, so I will ask more questions.

Did he give you a reason why?

Comment

That used to be the conventional wisdom. My dealer recommended we try it because they had done so on some of the new V-Drives and it actually performed better than the 4 blade, especially under heavy load.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Well went to my dealer today. I asked why he does not rec. the 3 blade prop on my VD. He didn't really have a solid awnser. He just said that in the manual for my boat is says 4 blade prop not 3. So anyways I going to order a 3 blade prop and check it out for myself.

Comment

Working...
              X