2002 Tige 23v Riders Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picked up the boat

I went to florida to pick up the boat. I had to go all the way to Miami from Indiana. This ***-clown told me the thing was MINT!! It had dock rash galore and a few minor gouges, rub rail worn out from carelessness, and when the motor is at full throttle it makes a wah-wah-wah.... sound. Also a cut in the interior. Still a hell of a deal at 25,500. Was 26500 until I saw damages. Took him down a grand to fix it all. Hopefully that will do most. I have a brother that is a boat mechanic and he said I should be able to do most fiberglass work for under a grand. Does anyone have any good advice as to how to clean dirty vinyl that has been abused, dirtied and stained by a damn careless rich foreigner?? I saw and bought the stuff at wal mart and the stains laughed and shined from the wax content. Mostly looks like tough to remove dirt and grime. A little mildew in the cracks too. Yuck!!! I'll fix it though.

Any tips appreciated....
    Run like hell, but don't run away...

Comment

Mr. Clean eraser pads.

Comment

Try Dawn dish soap and hot water.

Comment

abrasive?

will all those be okay on marine vinyl. I suppose I could start on the underside of the cushions and see how it works there first. Got a problem with the electrical too now. Both of the speedos dont give a reading and the taps doesnt respond. No trim. I think it might be a fuse problem but dont know.

Know where to look first for any key indications??

Comment

CJoe -

I can't help with the electrical, but out here in California the dealer uses a product appropriately called "Awesome". You mix with water, and it cleans out the vinyl very well. Use several towels, as they will absorb the sunscreen, and other dirt and oils imbedded in the upholstery. Once clean, use "303 Protectant". This will UV protect the fabrics, and keep your boat looking new longer. It also seems to make it more resistant to dirt and oil. You can buy Awesome at 99 cent stores, or do a web search. 303 is usually available at RV and boat shops, Overtons does carry it also.

Comment

i think the reason tige' is still the underdog is because of the hull designs in the early and late 90's, with the bow that sloped down to the completely flat hull on bottom, the general consumer didint like that, it rode rough in choppy water and water came over the bow if you didnt know how to keep it up all the time. With the new hull design, taps, and an overall great boat i feel tige' is one of the top of the line crafts now.
              http://images.snapfish.com/33%3A43%3...%3C26%3Aot1lsi 04 switch v

Comment

Hav Bound,
                I have a 97 21i that has those problems. Although my wife seems to be the only one to dump the boat. After what year did they correct this problem. I will be purchasing a new boat in a year or two.

Comment

TigeBrooks,

If your looking to buy a new boat in a few years I am sure you will have the latest from Tige. If you decide to get used, try looking for a 2003 or newer for their current hull design.

Comment

The vinyl

I found that repeated, and I do mean REPEATED, cleaning using McGuires vinyl & rubber cleaner eventually got out all the ground in
                    abuse. Now its great to get into this baby, vinyl smells great and all clean!! I was at an open house this weekend and saw a new Supra that looked good. It had some Mako speaker/light combo that looked the best. It had these vertical red lights mounted on the bracket that
                    face down into the cabin. At night it illuminates the whole cabin in red. Sounds awesome... will investigate...

Comment

Working...
                    X