2002 Tige 23v Riders Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 Tige 23v Riders Edition

Just bought this ride. I havent writted the check yet though and I am still collecting opinions on its handling and its ability to create an efficient wakeboarding wake. I have heard a lot of adverse info on pre 2K3 Tige's regarding wake shape and washiness. I hope I havent gotten myself into a bad deal. I know this model has spray pockets which arent favorable for wake shape. Any constructive comments are real welcome....
    Attached Files
    Run like hell, but don't run away...

you should check out the posts under
    in the general discussion
    DOES YOUR WAKE ROLLL I CAN FIX IT

Comment

CiceroJoe

I have on 01 23V and have no complaints about the wake size and shape. I have only experimented with about 900 pounds of ballast and I am happy with the size.

A lot of people will comment on the lip that is produced by a pre 03 Tigé but I myself have never payed much attention to it. The way I see it is that the wake shape will not make you a better rider or perform better nor will it cause you to be an unsuccessful wakeboarder.

So in conclusion get what works for you and your family and friends.

Just be cautious as of who gives your negative comments, because most of the time that person has never been behind one or seen one.

Comment

how true that is

Comment

I have an '01 23V and love it. The wake is nice, especially at or above 22 mph and the boat is huge on the inside. It is real easy to put 11-12 people in the boat and you still have room for the ice chest. Size is the best feature on this ride.

Comment

i have a 01 2100v and LOVE it. one of the safest, comfortable and best riding boats available for skiing/ wakeboarding!
            Kurt G.

Comment

Am I missing something? Didn't Erik Ruck win a world championship training behind a boat with spray pockets?

Comment

I think so, and all those with spray pockets still won wakeboarding boat of the year, so they must have been better than the others out there.

Comment

Wolfpack,
                  Are you a member of EORG? I also live in Raleigh. -Tip
                  -Tip

Comment

fat sacks

Anybody have a configuration for ballast for me to try to optimize my wakes. I was thinking 500 in each locker....

Run like hell, but don't run away...

Comment

Yes, I'm on EORG all the time. My screen name there til the end of basketball season is HerbSucks though. What's your screen name on there?

Comment

CiceroJoe, just keep in mind that you want to have something like a 60/40 setup (60 % rear and 40 % front). You will just have to experiment most of the time because it always varies with the number of people in the boat. I run something like 250 in each locker in back and 350 up in the bow with just my wife driving. Once the water warms up I will experiment more with the ballast.

Comment

Wolfpack,
                          My screen name on EORG is Ropedoap.

It's nice to see some other Tige owners for a change. I don't post much, but I read a lot.

Tiges don't seem to get much respect and I have not figured out why.

Tip
                          -Tip

Comment

Ill give you my opinion, Tige` is a newer kid on the block, and has created such a stir in the boat market with newer models, hull designs, Taps, etc. that the only thing that other manufacturers/dealers can do is to educate the public with the wrong information, which makes people question Tige` as a boat builder. Its the people who dont believe the hype and go out and ride and drive a Tige` come back and try and convince the herd that they have been mislead. We are all here because we know the facts and have seen evidence that Tige` makes a great boat. I feel that dealers are afraid of what Tige` has become and what they ultimatley will be in the future.

Comment

i second that.
                              they just don't like the competition and neither do the owners of the other boats.

Comment

Working...
                              X