No announcement yet.

2003 24V questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been a while since I provided a progress report, and I am thinking about future plans and goals for my boat in the 2023 season.
    Below is the list I previously posted:

TAPS: Actuator and switch replaced
    Perfect pass: Updated to StarGazer
    Stereo: Check
    Larger prop: recently installed
    Cover: Got it from Go2Marine and love it.
    Bimini: Currently Weighing Options.
    Ballast: Thank you MLA zero complaints!
    Trailer tires: Yep, Done along with wheel berrings.
    Carpet: Looking hard at DECKadence over foam, tough decision!
    Upholstery repair including replacing missing cushion: Done: thanks Mikes Upholstery.
    Trailer bunk carpet: Covered, amazon carpet and stainless staples.
    Trailer paint: Not till the boat is wrapped or whatever.
    Wet sand, gelcoat repair, & restoration: Local shop wants more to wet sand and buff than a wrap would cost, plus wife hates the color.
    Board racks: haven't bought them & haven't missed them.
    LED light bulbs: In progress.
    Swim platform needs restoration or replaced (probably never been oiled): Done
    Trailer lights & wiring: Mostly done.

We have really enjoyed this boat and look forward to making more memories on the lake. I still believe we made the right decision to buy an older boat that needed some love rather than finance a newer boat. I am thrilled that we found the 24V and love the size. It would be difficult for our family to go back to a 21'-22' boat even if it was newer and nicer. It has taken me more time and cash than I expected to make the progress I have but projects like this always run over budget.

I am excited for the 23 season and hope everyone here has a Merry Christmas and great New year.

Comment

This was one of the best upgrades I made that makes the boat so much more usable for kids.

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/gen...m-step-for-23v

Comment

Originally posted by Capta1n View Post
        This was one of the best upgrades I made that makes the boat so much more usable for kids.

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/gen...m-step-for-23v
        Thanks for the link. I have noticed you and a couple others on here have these and love the idea. I have caught myself stepping on the grab rail a few times myself.
        The sloped fastback looks great on these boats in my opinion, but they can be a pain for kids and adults to climb across sometimes. I need to add this project to my growing to-do list.

Comment

The foam looks good, and I am sure it functions great. I wish my teak looked as bright as yours Gumby. I used two Star bright kits last year trying to bring mine back but it was neglected far too long by previous owners. It looks much better but not great. Eventually I would like to rebuild it but it aint broke yet and I have other priorities.

Comment

I have never understood peoples need for that step?
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
              I have never understood peoples need for that step?
              Duffy,
              My youngest daughter will be 3 next month. last year she simply couldn't climb back into the boat unless she stepped on the grab handle and the round surface with wet feet worried me. Her vest zippers and buckles on the gel coat would worry me if my boat wasn't so ugly already. A small step (much smaller than the ones others have) would be beneficial for her to climb back in after swimming. She may have grown tall enough and strong enough to be able to get around the boat better this year but we have friends with young children too.

Comment

Originally posted by N.Penley View Post

Duffy,
                My youngest daughter will be 3 next month. last year she simply couldn't climb back into the boat unless she stepped on the grab handle and the round surface with wet feet worried me. Her vest zippers and buckles on the gel coat would worry me if my boat wasn't so ugly already. A small step (much smaller than the ones others have) would be beneficial for her to climb back in after swimming. She may have grown tall enough and strong enough to be able to get around the boat better this year but we have friends with young children too.
                Ok! Our son will be 3 this year, I will see how that goes this summer.
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Well done on that Lili mount!!!
                  Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
                  X