No announcement yet.

Another "My first Tige"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I now have pictures of the winter project getting floors and foam...
    floor1.jpg

floor2.jpg

floor3.jpg

floor4.jpg

Comment

And the carpet was replaced...

carpet2.jpg

carpet1.jpg

carpet3.jpg

carpet4.jpg

Comment

Sweet! Awesome to see someone take the time to save an old boat. It looks beautiful. You should have done the NICKYPOO ballast mod while you were at it.

Could you post a couple requests? I'd like to see the rear feet of the tower and the 3m carbon fiber tape close up.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Alright so I read the 15 page NICKYPOO ballast mod hats off on that install but I think the transom on your 22i is deeper then mine. I would do all that work and only gain about 200# of ballast; I wouldn't have to cut stringers since my boat only has the two mains. So don't really think it is worth the loss of cutting my fuel capacity in half. I can surf my boat but have to weight more forward around the dog house and the ski locker. I kind of shot myself in the foot when I replaced my back seat now it is all composite but I shed about 75# in the process.

I will get those pics when I get a decent quality camera for them.

Comment

Looks nice man! Must've got a screaming deal on the purchase to wanna put all that work into her. Keep posting pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
              Looks nice man! Must've got a screaming deal on the purchase to wanna put all that work into her. Keep posting pics!
              I actually did get a good deal on her; all that aside I am just like everybody else in the boating community the most important thing about this hobby is the profit we turn when we go to sell them lol

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                Sweet! Awesome to see someone take the time to save an old boat. It looks beautiful. You should have done the NICKYPOO ballast mod while you were at it.

Could you post a couple requests? I'd like to see the rear feet of the tower and the 3m carbon fiber tape close up.
                Alright sorry for the long delay on getting to these pictures, but here goes:

side1.jpg

side2.jpg
                Last edited by Credo; 05-18-2017, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Pics didn't show up.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Sorry the URL I used was password protected. Should be good now here is more Weds lake pics:

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

Why no images damn you vbulletin!
                    Last edited by Credo; 05-21-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

So I have had a chance to look at my trailer it has offically graduated from "sketchy" to "DANGEROUS" you will see in the pictures. So I began to strip it all down to have some work finally done. Getting Sandblasted, welded, primed, and painted. Redoing the bunks, all the rollers, winch, lights, and replacing the diamond plate step plates with 2-tone hydroturf. Here are some of the before pictures with the trailer broken down.

trailer1.jpg

trailer2.jpg
                      Last edited by Credo; 05-30-2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Here is the bad stuff close ups:
                        trailer3.jpg

trailer4.jpg

trailer5.jpg

Comment

Ouch. You officially have a project on your hands. Friendly reminder it you are doing all the work yourself or having a welder clean it up...poke some small holes at low points so trapped water/condensation can find a way out. Will slow that corrosion down after the repair. We see some brands of trailers that don't have any drain holes and when winter hits up here it will freeze and expand boxtubes, crack trailers.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I have a guy going to sandblast and do the metal replacement / welding on the trailer. I was able to to have a buddy let me leave the boat on his lift while the trailer is getting done. (approx about 1 -2 weeks) but they are aware of the work and I want the trailer to be solid and done right. Sucks I am having to put the stereo on hold for a time being (i.e. amp and sub) so I can spend the money on the trailer. This boat has been in brackish water before (not since i have owned her) but that is the reality and the cause of all the trailer damage I believe. I will do it right and spend some money on this damn trailer. I believe that you can tell so much about the maintenance of a boat by the condition on the trailer. If a previous owner puts money and time into a trailer then the money and time was spent on the boat to keep it maintained, so it is getting done! I will have pictures of the trailer and then pictures and write ups of the next few project stay tuned they will be elaborate. I have a great write up on how to LED the inside already have speakers and the polypropylene for those projects. I get the concern about winter and freezing but in Houston don't have to many hard freezes, so I am lucky there my winterazation consists of running the fuel out of the carb and a little sta-bilizer.
                            Last edited by Credo; 05-31-2017, 07:34 AM.

Comment

If it has been in brackish water I would replace trailer. I know this because this is exactly what I did. Our boat came with a painted steel trailer and we got about 4 years out of it because we use it in brackish and fresh water. With the salt it rusts from the inside out in a bad way. The trailer had plenty of weep holes and I flushed and washed it religiously after each brackish use (which was about a 1/4 of what we do) Our trailer looked brand new compared to yours but you could poke holes though it in some area with your finger.

We just replaced with the same boatmate trailer only painted galvanized. It was $5200

Comment

We definitely don't have the brackish water as bad as you guys for sure. Glad to see you are putting so much work into the right places...which at this point seems to be bow to transom and tow point to wheels!! Looks great!!

Comment

Working...
                                X