Another "My first Tige"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "My first Tige"

Alright, so I pulled the trigger and bought my first boat. Found a 1995 fslm 2002 Have been around them for some time now and knew my first boat would be an inboard ski boat. Found a great deal on a boat that from what I can tell is mechanically pretty sound, (might be running a little rich) but that is a minor issue. I purchased the boat knowing that it would be a full interior job. But am ready to be going working on it and have already made some headway. And I know if there are no pictures it didn't happen. So here goes.
    When I first got the boat and brought it home just after it was washed down.

Next first thing I did was sand down the nasty Teak platform and oil it.

So the first two weekends the boat got a new tower from Craigslist. (Not too bad $600 dollar craigslist special) It installed pretty simply but I had to modify the rear two brackets and used a 6" zinc plated 1/8" bracket to mount below the rear mounts. But other than that when up really nicely and feels super sturdy. The model is a Reborn Catapult. I also went at it with a heat gun and putty knife had to get the old school Decals off this thing need to update the vinyl decals.

From the back of the tower.

Now got it out and you can get a full side view of it.

Comment

Welcome. Keep us all up to date with your new mods!

Comment

Very Nice! Awesome work already!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Nice!! Welcome!

Comment

Alright so an update:
              Well got a quote for redoing the entire interior. I am having every bit of vinyl all the carpet and the floor did from the dash back replace (had 2 soft sports) The guy is also going to replace all the plywood in the cushions with 1/2" Starboard everywhere on this old boat. But had to replace the heat exchange on the driver side for the trans cooler. The cap had completely severed off. Found a replacement on eBay for $80 shipped just had to buy the 1/2' to 3/8' thread adaptors. So I will post images of the heat exchange and the sea trials of the boat later.

Comment

So I have more images.
                Here is the boat transmissions cooler I had to replace.

But it all got replaced and was on the water.

Comment

Also have a pic of the wake on this guy going between 15 and 20 not a bad wakeboard potental.
                  It was a little choppy that day too.

Comment

Alright so now I have some more updates; Trying to update this thing and make it better but the interior, Stereo, floors, foam, all got repaired over the winter. All of the 3/4 inch plywood was replaced with 1/2 starboard in the seats very excited about this boat not having wood seat bottoms any longer. I also covered the pink stripes on the side of the hull with 3m carbon fiber vinyl to change the color of the boat completely and bring it into the 21st century.
                    Here are some new images of it:
                    boat5.jpg
                    boat4.jpg
                    boat3.jpg
                    boat2.jpg
                    boat1.jpg

Comment

Looking good! Gave it a new life.

Comment

Definitely Tigé Love here! Great job on the interior... What's next??

Comment

Definitely, finish the stereo, need to rewire the rocker panel switches install the blue water add a battery system. Debating if I want to upgrade this old boat to a push button start on proximity fabs instead of having a key.

Comment

Originally posted by Credo View Post
                            ...Debating if I want to upgrade this old boat to a push button start...
                            This is on my to-do list, however, I was told I would be single again if I do it to our new boat. That said, it won't be new next year...

I looked at quite a few systems, from the cheap ebay systems to some of the more complex, and I've settled on the Hot Dot system. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive. What I like is the ability to power-up with the first push to check the fuel level, etc, and then push-and-hold to start. If you use a separate 'magic button' to control your stereo, it should be a pretty simple (and slick IMO) install.

I'll also add some form of in-line interrupt -- either their magnet key or an RFID fob of some sort. I've never really understood keys in boats from a security standpoint; if someone wants to steal it, hot-wiring would barely slow them down. However, my kids like to pretend to drive, which includes pushing buttons, so I want to be able to prevent an accidental start-up while we're just floating.

Good job giving it a second wind -- I'm at that life-stage where time has just become too precious for major projects...

Comment

Well I have the blue ocean add a battery so the way I was thinking the battery kill switch would automatically take my boat into Run position then I just need the push button to crank the motor but the RFID fob would be required for the button to operate. But I would have to put kill the motor on a toggle switch to do it like that.

I also have to repair most of my rockers on this boat so I was going to buy a new panel from Ebay with the USB charger, digital volt gauge, and 12 volt cig lighter / charger built in. The guy I bought the boat from seems knew there were wiring issues here so he got the necessitates going I only have bilge, blower, and ignition. Everything else either needs attention or new toggles and relays.
                              Last edited by Credo; 04-03-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X