Where to buy a ECM other than Marine Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy a ECM other than Marine Power

Is there any place to buy a programmed ecm for a 5.7 Marine Power other than Marine Power?

Check Arizona speed and marine.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

If I may ask what are you needing and ECM for or why are you replacing it?

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
        If I may ask what are you needing and ECM for or why are you replacing it?
        Long story short.... I had a 2 battery setup with a isolator. I put my boat in the water and it would not crank, so I disconnected the aux battery and cranked the boat with the cranking battery. I ran it for 30 mins and rebooked the aux battery and as soon as I hit the key it went into limp mode. I disconnected the aux battery again and it's still in limp mode. I replaced the batteries, cap, butto, plugs and wires and now the cylinders are losing up with gas. I took it to a mechanic and he said it was the ecm. I've talked to several different mechanics and they all say it's the ecm. I can not find anyone in the state of alabama who has the equipment to scan it.

Comment

might call eddie at marine power 985-386-2081 marinepowerusa.com he might be able to help you out or possibly reset the ecm if its not totally F-d He flashed mine over the winter for other reasons but did it at no charge other than shipping and was quick at getting it back.

Comment

Just want to chime in. I have the marine power motor in my boat. Calling them is very helpful, they are really nice and willing to try and solve your problems. I had an alternator question about running a ton of ballast pumps. I also have to say that the marine power motors are great, seems like they have a bit more torque than the current motor tige uses. I have great gas mileage and more power than I need in an 2007 rz2
            2007 RZ2 Marine power 340hp Custom ballast
            Tundra Crewmax 5.7L

Comment

First thing I would do, correct the battery bank wiring. Whether or not it shorted the ECM, there seems to be an issue there.

Nelems Marine in Jasper AL used be a Tige dealer. I dont see why they cant diagnose it.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If you're still looking for an ECM, you could call these guys?
                http://www.mefiburn.com/mefiecms.asp#marinepower
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                X