No announcement yet.

Ballast configuration for 2004 22i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome! Do mine, will ya? I need some of those speaker covers. What size bucket is that? Are the tabs just cut from the same bucket? Great Idea.
    I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Dude, that shelf system over the bags is ingenious! Totally Awesome! Thanks for posting this, it's really helpful!
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Thanks guys. I should mention that I'm using the old v-drive side sacs. They are 350-375lb bags. They fit perfect but if you went with bigger sacs I don't think the shelf would be usefull because it would be extremely shallow, it already is only about 7-8 inches deep. The speaker covers were little paint buckets from Home Depot - at least at my local HD their are only two sizes of the small buckets - I think they are a 2.5 quarts. Also, yes the tabs are part of the bucket. Just mark a line around the bucket that's the same depth as the back of the speaker(maybe a smidge deeper), than mark another line 3/4"-1" past that and cut it out. I made 5 tabs but you could use 4 or 6 too. I'd recomend grabbing a few extra buckets, as you might mess one or two up. They are dirt cheap so it's no big deal. Like I said, they are actually really strong since they are short.
        Last edited by dliguori; 03-09-2006, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the cover info, I'm doing it.
          I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

I made it out today before the rain. I bought 350s for the side storage and a 440 for the bow. I was surprised with the wake size with only two people in the boat. Now I need a set up like dliguori.

Comment

I'd be happy to help you any way I can David.

Comment

Thanks... I may take you up on the offer when I get tired of the manual pump. Are you in the city of San Diego or county suburb?

Comment

Sorry David. I was thinking I had replied already. I'm in Rancho Penasquitos, not far at all. Let me know if you need some help.

Comment

Resurrecting old thread - David Baker or dliguori, do either of you still have your 22i's? Looking to put ballast in mine - could use some assistance.

Comment

Working...
                    X