transmission slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission slip

I have a Tige 2100 wt that I have been experiencing what I thought was the prop cavitating. As it turns out it is actually the transmission slipping. After lots of trial and error we found out that the velvet drive transmission that is supposed to hold 2 quarts full is wrong. It should actually be to the full mark hot when cooler lines and cooler is full. The only way to check it is to have a buddy help. Put in forward reverse neatral kill motor check immeadiatly. You will find out it holds closer to 3 quarts. When it is in drive that will leave about 2 quarts in transmisson 1 quart in cooler. You need to mark new line on dipstick. I actually found a service bulletin to back this up. If you would like a copy I could email it to anyone interested.

I would. My manual says 1 1/4 qts of fluid. This is what I have been running for years. Until we weighted the boat down we never had an issue.

email: rjreyob@yahoo.com
    Dale
    2000 21i Tige

Comment

Private message sent.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I have messed with this all summer hopefully I can save someone else some headache.

Comment

Thanks BRANDONBOOI. I got your email. I will check mine next time out.

This would make sense why the boat slips when loaded down.
          Dale
          2000 21i Tige

Comment

I have been experiencing what feels like surging, slipping or cavitation but don't want to jump the gun and fork out $600 for a new prop just yet. Can you email me the service bulletin you spoke of in your posting?
            Thanks, Dennis
            dennisgjohnson@cox.net

Comment

I'd like to see that bulletin also.

bdoescher@gmail.com

thanks!

Comment

Transmission slip

Glad I saw this today. What you describe is exactly what is going on with my 98 22i. Can you forward me any additional info on this. B.Scott.Kehler@conocophillips.com

Comment

Can you somehow post a link to this service bulletin for everyone to see?
                  The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaminMN View Post
                    Can you somehow post a link to this service bulletin for everyone to see?
                    x2. That might save you a ton of requests...

Comment

transmission slip

Could you send me the service bulletin also.

Comment

transmission slip

juliaamato@aol.com

Comment

Bump...

Does anyone have this info that was sent out by BRANDONBOOI to check the oil in the velvet drive?

I got a new computer and didn't put this off the old one. If you do can you email it to me please.

Thanks

rjreyob@yahoo.com
                          Dale
                          2000 21i Tige

Comment

Can you send me this bulletin information regarding the velvet drive transmission?
                            I need to change the transmission fluid for the season and not sure how much to fill it. Do you need to fill it slightly above the full line (when measuring cold)?

Comment

Originally posted by geomaster View Post
                              Can you send me this bulletin information regarding the velvet drive transmission?
                              I need to change the transmission fluid for the season and not sure how much to fill it. Do you need to fill it slightly above the full line (when measuring cold)?
                              I haven't received any answer yet. I even emailed Brandon but didn't get a response yet.
                              Dale
                              2000 21i Tige

Comment

Working...
                              X