No announcement yet.

Boat rehab.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hay, all you need is a $5 tester from Pep Boys and you will only need to pull one part, the bad part, once.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The pump is not cheap, as you also have to purchase a new fuel cooler (thanks to the EPA). Is there fuel in the fuel water seperator canister?

Comment

i have good 12 v to the pump, and when i took it off the cooler but it was still hooked to the gas line there was a little residual fuel pulsing out of it but nothing near the recc. 43 psi, I dont have a guage at home, but I have experienced 40 psig spray from a pump, it was dribbling out. Ordering a fuel pump today.

As for this other issue.....At first I could not start from the key due to a frozen primary solenoid, i crossed the leads up near the 50 amp reset and it broke loose, I was able to turn from the key, until i soaked the area with water-willthis raoch the solenoid/starter? or do I need to just dry it out?

Thanks again for all the help, I am fiending to go throw a few tricks, it has been toooooo long.

Comment

i ordered the pump, online, probably from some hack, it was only $145, should I fill the water seperator with gas when I changed it? Oooops-rookie mistake.

Comment

you shouldn't have to, but my only thought was there could be an obstruction between the tank and the seperator. Just trying to rule all issues out before forking out cash on the pump. That sounds like a great price on the pump.

Comment

New pump came in, Great Success!!!!

Issue----the steering was locked up so i unbolted it from the rudder snd broke it loose but it is still stiffer than john holmes! I didnt see any lube points besides on the rudder itelf-any ideas?

Issue--Also when I engaged the tranny i started to get what sounded like bearing noise from the shaft to the prop? Again no visible lube points?

Everything else seems a go, this beotch IS going to swim this weekend...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for the help

Comment

Good to hear. Take pictures and tell us how things went.

Comment

Superman,

When you said, "For reasons I do not wish to explain." I could not help but remember the movie 48 hours with Eddie Murphy getting his Porsche out of storage.
                  Did you just get out of the hoosecow?
                  Formertigeowners.com
                  I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by superman View Post
                    New pump came in, Great Success!!!!

Issue----the steering was locked up so i unbolted it from the rudder snd broke it loose but it is still stiffer than john holmes! I didnt see any lube points besides on the rudder itelf-any ideas?

Issue--Also when I engaged the tranny i started to get what sounded like bearing noise from the shaft to the prop? Again no visible lube points?

Everything else seems a go, this beotch IS going to swim this weekend...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for the help
                    God news on the pump working!

It sounds like you need to replace the steering cable? There are a lot of posts on that topic. Do a search.

You should not be running the drive while out of water. It needs to be lubricated and cooled.

I hope it goes well this weekend.
                    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Steering cable installed, check. You knuckleheads saved me about 2GRAND in shop time, if you are ever in the Memphis area let me know and we will pound a few wakes.

Comment

Well, the main reason why Tige let's this site continue. We try to help everyone out there that wants some help. I am sure I have saved a ton of money also... I just didn't count how much I did save.

Congrats, now get back onto the water and start boarding.

Comment

Working...
                        X