Boat rehab.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat rehab.......

For reasons that I dont wish to explain my 01' 22i riders has been idle in storage for 2 years. I have been going through the motor to get it back on the water, it only has 73 hours.

I fought through a frozen solenoid, crossed it over and broke it loose so I can turn it over from the key, but I am not getting any fuel, I have pulled some of the lines and I am getting nothing from the tank.

I have changed the seperator and have read that the fuel filter and pump are under the "fuel cooler" cover on the passenger side under the motor. Is this right?

What other items should I consider?

Is there a easy way to get water into the block to cool it if you want to run it our of the water? I have pulled the hose that goes to the hull but that was a pain in the a**.

Fuel pump would also need to be looked at.

Comment

2 yrs is a long time for gas to sit, I'd say you are looking at fuel pump and injectors. Was the boat just parked, or did something happen to it like sinking. I know you dont want to divulge much, but info makes it easier to steer you in the right direction
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

not sunk, just parked, covered, tied up in seperation ya know.

As for the fuel pump, I put a small amount of fuel into the intake and it popped so I have spark, my boat mechanic and all others in the metro have 2 week back logs, so they are not really an option right now. thanks for the help.
        Last edited by superman; 08-04-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

ok fuel pump found, read in other thred that it is supposed to make a noise with the key in the accessory position, prior to start, I am getting nothing in the way of sound. Must be fried. Eh?

Comment

I would check for power and ground before condemning it, just to be sure. I'm betting the old gas has crystallized in the pump and injectors.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

you should get paid to do this....thanks

Comment

Originally posted by superman View Post
                you should get paid to do this....thanks
                I did, but it was called work and wasnt as much fun

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  I did, but it was called work and wasnt as much fun
                  You didn't talk with the right person at Tige But again, the service departments at our local dealerships would be a lot smaller also

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                    You didn't talk with the right person at Tige But again, the service departments at our local dealerships would be a lot smaller also
                    Maybe I should change my sig to read "Will work for a boat" Think Tige would go for it

Comment

I recently had the same prob as above described. It turned out, the electrical plug for the fuel pump had gotten corroded. I just sprayed wd40 in there and cleaned it up. My first suggestion would be this. Unplug the fuel pump and see if you are getting power to the plug. I used an electrical tester from harbor freight. I just jammed the respective needles into the postive and negative plug holes. I quickly found I had power. Cleaned up the plug and away I went. So, next step was seeing why it wasn't getting to the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                        Maybe I should change my sig to read "Will work for a boat" Think Tige would go for it
                        As soon as someone changes their name to Dorks-R-Us

Then the site would be back to normal

Comment

OK dorks enuf fun back to work, fuel pump is out and when i turn the key with the pump in my hand I feel a slight pulse, then nothing. I am going to try to pump gas using a hose and a gas can, any thoughts? its apparent that there is juice to the pump.....

Comment

That may be normal. The ECM energizes the FPR for 3-5 seconds when the key is turned to "ON" waiting for ignition pulse. If the ECN does not sense ignition, then the pump times out till it either sees ignition when you rotate the key to "crank" or the key is cycled back to "off" then "On". I would jump a 12v test light across the 2 terminals of the pump, and watch the light and feel for the pulse of the pump to stop at the same time. If so, then next step would be to test full pressure. This has to be done with pump hooked up. See, you shoulda listened to me to start with J/K

A good pump can be quite, but a nice hum/buzz is normal. But, it may still not be producing sufficient pressure. I've also heard pumps that sounded like a tin bucket full of marble, but they where still producing pressure.

Comment

alright all mighty "supreme tige master", I will say tho, you are deeper into my wallet than my last girlfriend with all these parts, testers, apparati, and thing-a-ma-jobs you got me buying, but at least I am getting something in return, she was a tight *** haha!

Comment

Working...
                              X