Did yah name yer boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Been a Caddyshack fan since I can recall, therefore "I christen thee the Flying Wasp"
    Thats AWESOME! I have a golf hat with the words "Gunga Galunga"... not many people notice it or realize what it means, but those that do get an instant smile and smirk! Big fan of Caddy Shack as well.

Comment

This is what we came up with.... I heard giving a female name is good luck but also wanted to name after my son (middle name is haven)

11781709_10153210217233246_2104748222336702162_n.jpg

Comment

Dakota - some really great movies referenced. The Great Outdoors is one of our classic family lake movies. It gets requested (along with Goonies) by the kiddos almost weekly between Memorial Weekend and early-October.

Re: naming... Never did. We just call her "the boat", though Dakota has me thinking about googling "suck my wake decal" now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alwayssummer View Post
          Holly listed boats, batman! Bet that throws a mean wave.
          LOL yes the wave is decent. Will hopefully improve a bit when I trim the swim platform down this winter. Several people have warned me that it appears to be taking on water.
          Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by nmriordan View Post
            Dakota - some really great movies referenced. The Great Outdoors is one of our classic family lake movies. It gets requested (along with Goonies) by the kiddos almost weekly between Memorial Weekend and early-October.

Re: naming... Never did. We just call her "the boat", though Dakota has me thinking about googling "suck my wake decal" now...

The boat they used still exists--if you google it. Also, you could easily grab the graphic and have a shop remake it as long as you have a decent image. Would be an AWESOME name. Looks like credit goes to kaptainmyke.com....
            Last edited by dakota4ce; 09-11-2015, 09:24 PM.

Comment

suck_my_wake_2_inch_round_magnet-r7de0688d826c4a80bec5abccbb7ceac4_x7qgl_1024.jpg

Comment

Interestingly enough, it is a VDrive boat!

6811Suck_my_Wake_002.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by IDBoating View Post
                  It's well known to be bad luck to name any watercraft under 27 feet in length. Mine says "Tige" on the transom and that's what we call it. I'm not taking chances with Poseidon, Neptune, Tangaroa, Apam Napat, Volturnus, Enki, or any of the other water gods. No naming my boat, thanks!
                  I was told 28 ft, completely made of wood, or any blow boat.

Comment

photo.JPG

This is on the side of our boat - We bought a boat 17 years ago instead of going on a honeymoon. Our Tige is our 3rd boat so it is aptly name "H3"

Comment

We "named" ours "Wake Up Call" 2005 22i

Comment

We call ours "Daniel Tige" - if you have a toddler you'll understand this.

Comment

20160517_195105.jpg

going with green on the boat

Comment

Originally posted by takamikey View Post
                            We call ours "Daniel Tige" - if you have a toddler you'll understand this.
                            Nice...
                            We call ours "busta lime"
                            If you have seen a lot of kids movies you might get that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We named our 2004 20i the "Sabbath Breaker". Just sold it and ordered an '18 R20, calling it"Boys College Fund".

Comment

Did yah name yer boat?

Boaty McBoatface: the official vessel of @unicornsurfcompany (Insta)

Comment

Working...
                                X