No announcement yet.

A little Chilly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference between snow and rain is that frozen water expands. Snow itself isn't a big deal;however, leaving a boat outside for regular freeze thaw cycles can't be good for it in the long run. Some of the newer boats that are left outside year round here in Colorado appear older than stated age for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by danschmatz View Post
      20 minutes or so with all tools in hand before starting with it half backed into the garage. Including blowing out the heater core with human power.
      Impressive. I don't know if I could do it in that time. Seems like my drain ports are more awkward to reach, perhaps. The engine block ones are especially difficult... I can't get a proper wrench on the other side of the engine stringers so it's a "turn a little, reset the wrench, repeat" sequence for each one.

Comment

You guys are crazy! We usually do a "winter," surf session down in Pueblo sometime in March. See ya down there. Ps, isint it a beautiful thing how full the lake is right now.

Comment

We like to use our boats, last year was about 300 hours. If it was a museum piece it would be up on the self but it is a means for fun. I am sure its we left it in the show room it would be gorgeous in ten years but I will take the wear and tear along with the memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post

BTW...6-8" of powder at Copper MTN today was heaven.
            I am a water whore and snow snob, any day I can get on the water is good but no weekends or holidays on the sow for me.

Comment

I thought Presidents' Day was going to be horrible for crowds...could not have been more wrong. Zero lift lines on any lift and only shared a chair with someone else twice the entire day. Probably one of my best days of riding thus far. Fresh snow, no crowds....heaven.

I'm actually both a snow snob and a water snob. That said, I can only skip so many days of work to get the good midweek snow and water. During Feb, March, July and August I make it a point to only work 4 days per week so I can be on the mountain or the water.

Colorado has been a tough water adjustment for me coming from Wa state and Lousiana prior...both are incredible for boating. Using a drysuit and boating in the shoulder seasons gets me my best water

For the snow, we get up early and are on I-70 by 0600. That usually eliminates the traffic and gets us first chair at Copper mountain. Then we meet up at 1:30 PM and leave to avoid the afternoon traffic. That gets us minimal traffic and the best snow.

Later

Bakes

Comment

Everyone seems to like the Boost from O'neill. Its thin but you can wear sweats inside it. I wear an old Ski Warm (no longer in production) that fits like a wetsuit and is about 5mm thick. It gives you some insulation but is harder to get in and out of. If I were to buy another one it would be an O'neill Boost.
                "Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted....the problem is I don't know which half."

Comment

Working...
                X