A little Chilly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little Chilly

With a snow storm coming it we decided to get out and ride a bit.
    Yesterday:
    20150215_115458.jpg

All smiles once the drysuit came off and the beverage went in:
    20150215_124901.jpg

Little too much zoom, lol:
    FB_IMG_1424058958399.jpg

Quick drain of the motor:
    20150215_172045.jpg

Today:
    20150216_111114.jpg

Awesome! Did you guys go to Pueblo then? Nice meeting you the other day at the shop!

Comment

wow crazy cold!! what kind of suit do you have and do you like it?

Comment

X2 on the suit, what is that

Comment

"Quick drain of the motor." By the exhaust manifolds, it looks like we have the same engine (PCM EX343). I have seven plugs to open and drain, and that doesn't count the raw water pump and its impeller, the transcooler, nor the v-drive. I wouldn't have described that process as "quick"... how long does it take you? Do you drain everything I listed, or just the seven on the engine itself?

Comment

looks like fun. Maybe it's just my eyes but that wake looks nice and big, what are you using for ballast?

Comment

If my boat was covered in snow like that I would freak. You are much braver than I.

Comment

That is crazy. We see those temps in November then the lakes are hard here until April/May.

- Snow = Rain?

I know snow weights more but it is just water, correct? So what's the difference between snowing on your boat versus raining on your boat?
                "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

That is a clear and direct violation of the 100 degree rule! Brrrrrrrr!

Comment

We have gone out surfn for 36 months in a row now up here in Montana and I can tell u this it brings ice cream headache to a whole new level!
                    surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by 18c racing View Post
                      We have gone out surfn for 36 months in a row now up here in Montana and I can tell u this it brings ice cream headache to a whole new level!
                      What kind of suits are you guys using or would you recommend and what are the pros/cons of them? I have read through some old threads about suits and am looking at getting one eventually.

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

The boat is new to us so we are still dialing it in.

No ballast, taps at 4 at 20.3 mph:
                          IMG_0652.jpg

Front full, rear (w/surf ballast) at 50%, taps 2 at 22.2 mph:
                          CAM02407.jpg

For gear we have oneil boost drysuit and oneil booties/gloves.
                          Last edited by danschmatz; 02-17-2015, 12:25 AM.

Comment

20 minutes or so with all tools in hand before starting with it half backed into the garage. Including blowing out the heater core with human power.

Comment

Awesome. For drysuits, best I have found are the Kokatat ones. Neoprene hats eliminate the ice cream headache. Only thing I can't keep warm consistently are my hands.

BTW...6-8" of powder at Copper MTN today was heaven.

Comment

Working...
                              X