4 Days at Table Rock Lake Mo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Days at Table Rock Lake Mo.

Just got back from 4 days at Table Rock Lake Mo. Weather was great and my new to me RZ2 ran good. I did realize I needed a new steering cable as we found it really hard to steer so I ordered that today. And I'm still learning to drive it in and around the slips/docks. Had a great time and really enjoy the Tige!DSCN2989.jpgDSCN3071.jpgDSCN3137.jpgDSCN3148.jpgDSCN3156.jpg

great looking boat and looks like a fun trip..
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

looking good Rod!

Comment

We are going to Table Rock in July. We get there Saturday July 19th and we will be there for a week. We are going out with a crew of 10 adults and 4 kids. We rented some houses with boat slips for my RZR and my buddies X2 and were bringing a couple jet ski's as well. We will be coming out from Colorado, any tips for the towing trip and tips once we get out there?

Comment

That's a long tow for sure, I made the reverse trip to Steamboat this winter and from Springfield (near table rock) it was about 18 hours counting stops. Its a pretty busy lake, so depending on where you are staying you might have to drive a bit to find a quiet spot if you'll be wakeboarding/surfing.

Comment

I live on Table Rock. What part of the lake are you staying on or what city are you near? If you're close to Branson or Kimberling City the lake can be very busy. It gets much calmer the further West you go. I live in Shell Knob and spend a lot of my lake time Between Shell Knob and Eagle Rock. We typically don't have problems finding smooth water for wakeboarding & skiing, but again we're on the "quiet" side of the lake.

Comment

Is TRL anything like LOTO meaning are there bars/restaraunts every so often like LOTO? We have never been to TRL but would like to visit but if we are to travel that way are more likely to hit up LOTO as we like the abundance of food,bars, nightlife type activities that LOTO has to offer. Are there places down there on the water to park boat and walk up to for a beer or food? Any insight on this lake would be helpful.

Comment

LOTO is much more of a party lake than TRL. TRL has a few restaraunts/bars but they are much more spread out than LOTO. You'll find more restaraunts the closer to Branson you get, but it also gets more crowded. You might go a few miles on the water before hitting a restaraunt when you start to venture West of Kimberling City. TRL is much less crowded and the boats, on average, are smaller. TRL is a little cleaner than LOTO as well.
                Both lakes have their benefits, so it just kind of depends on what your priorities are.

Comment

I am not a fan of LOTO. Still have scum on it from leaving it in the water there for a week. My impression is shallow, dirty and nothing really to write home about in regards to the water. Table rock is on our short list. Further east is Lewis-Smith lake in Alabama which we absolutely loved.

Comment

We stay in the Shell Knob area. Timbers Resort close to the bridge. We were there Tues through Sat so pretty quiet and not a lot of traffic. Very easy to find a place to wakeboard and surf. If we feel the need to eat and have a beer I usually just end up at Campbell Point Marina. Sometimes it would be nice to have more choices to pull up and have lunch or dinner but I prefer the quieter side of lake for what we like to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ochrod View Post
                      We stay in the Shell Knob area. Timbers Resort close to the bridge. We were there Tues through Sat so pretty quiet and not a lot of traffic. Very easy to find a place to wakeboard and surf. If we feel the need to eat and have a beer I usually just end up at Campbell Point Marina. Sometimes it would be nice to have more choices to pull up and have lunch or dinner but I prefer the quieter side of lake for what we like to do.
                      How do you like Timbers Resort? I have family that come down to visit quite often and once my house fills up, it's nice to have options to suggest. I drive right past it all the time, but have never stopped in to check it out.

So it's not a complete hijack....Big M Marina (west of shell knob a couple miles) also has a Dock and eat restaraunt that's pretty good. I can't remmeber if they serve alcohol or not.
                      Last edited by CTravis911; 07-09-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CTravis911 View Post
                        I live on Table Rock. What part of the lake are you staying on or what city are you near? If you're close to Branson or Kimberling City the lake can be very busy. It gets much calmer the further West you go. I live in Shell Knob and spend a lot of my lake time Between Shell Knob and Eagle Rock. We typically don't have problems finding smooth water for wakeboarding & skiing, but again we're on the "quiet" side of the lake.
                        We are going to be in Branson. My buddy has planned the whole thing, it's his normal family trip every year where he meets other members of his family. My family and some other friends of ours are going to tag along so I don't know much about exactly where we are going to be. All I really know is we will be in Branson and we have some houses with a couple boat docks. I've heard good things about Table Rock. Not looking forward to the drive but stoked for the several days on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post
                          I am not a fan of LOTO. Still have scum on it from leaving it in the water there for a week. My impression is shallow, dirty and nothing really to write home about in regards to the water. Table rock is on our short list. Further east is Lewis-Smith lake in Alabama which we absolutely loved.
                          I had my boat on the water at LOTO for 4 days and a simply wipe down removed all the water scum. I know LOTO isn't as clean as Table but all in all we were very impressed with what it had to offer. We are headed back in a couple weeks with kids this time as there is lots to do there. I had Table on my short list for some time and have many friends from here that go down there a few times a year and they absolutely love the place for it calmness etc. I am sure I will make it to table sometime but its hard to justify pulling my boat another hour further for less restaraunts, activities, etc. I go on vacation to eat out and relax so don't wanna have to cook all my meals. Again just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by RZRCO23 View Post
                            We are going to be in Branson. My buddy has planned the whole thing, it's his normal family trip every year where he meets other members of his family. My family and some other friends of ours are going to tag along so I don't know much about exactly where we are going to be. All I really know is we will be in Branson and we have some houses with a couple boat docks. I've heard good things about Table Rock. Not looking forward to the drive but stoked for the several days on the water.
                            The Branson area can get busy with boat traffic pretty early. If you're looking to do any skiing or wakeboarding and are picky about how choppy of water you'll ride in, I highly recommend hitting the water no later than 7. That'll give you some time on the glassy water. Later in the morning it turns into a great area for tubing.
                            Water temperature was in the low 80's this past weekend and was pretty clear down past 6 or 7 feet.

Comment

Table Rock is AWESOME!.....
                              Squid
                              squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X