Teak Swim Platfrom Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimber View Post
    Is the metal template something that can be used again? Maybe some of us could rent it from you.
    Now that's some thinking right there!
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I'm sure it could be shipped. It's roughly 12x32. Probably weighs 10lbs I'm guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by steelerskbb View Post
        We had the stencil made at a metal fabrication shop. We then used a small propane torch to burn the letters in. We used a small torch so that we could be delicate in following the inside of the stencil and not have too much heat at once to actually start the wood on fire or to spread beyond the stencil. I would say the burning alone
        only took maybe an hour. We went over it several times to ensure it was even.
        Steelerskbb,
        1. What gauge or thickness did you make the template out of?
        2. Did you have it waterjetted out or...?
        Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head... Eric

Comment

I'll be honest-I had a great metal fabrication shop do it here. I had a sticker I gave them for font etc. and also gave them the dimensions that I wanted the stencil to be-basically we measured the emblem on the side of our boat and used that for our sizing-the rest was up to them. I think they used a plasma cutter. I will try and post a pic of the stencil in the next couple of days. We are supposed to get some bad weather in our area tonight so not sure I will have a chance to do much tonight

Comment

Working...
          X