Teak Swim Platfrom Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teak Swim Platfrom Project

After seeing a post in the for sale for a teak platform with the logo on it we thought we would give it a try as it looked sweet. Attached you will see the before sanded platform and the finished project. Came out pretty good!
    Attached Files

Very nice!

Comment

Cool! How did you do the black logo?

Is it two tone on purpose or is that just the wood variance?
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

The two tone is just the wood variance. We had a stencil made and burnt the logo into the sanded wood and then put the teak oil on.

Comment

jmoore15-we have you to thank for the idea after you posted yours for sale. Very Cool!

Comment

Very nice,
            • How did you burn the logo in?
            Last edited by EricU; 04-21-2014, 10:23 PM. Reason: short fat & bald
            Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head... Eric

Comment

Looks great, may have to give that a go.

Comment

excellent work..and I love the different tones of teak.

I'm curious about how you burned that logo....propane?
                my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Originally posted by MooseX View Post
                  ...I'm curious about how you burned that logo....propane?
                  I am curious on how the template works with burning and how or what it was burned with...
                  Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head... Eric

Comment

We had the stencil made at a metal fabrication shop. We then used a small propane torch to burn the letters in. We used a small torch so that we could be delicate in following the inside of the stencil and not have too much heat at once to actually start the wood on fire or to spread beyond the stencil. I would say the burning alone
                    only took maybe an hour. We went over it several times to ensure it was even.

Comment

Also we had to blot the teak oil on the burn for the first application. After that-no problems! We experimented on several different pieces of wood before we did this so I would definitely recommend that so you get a feel for what you need to do!

Comment

well that is awesome. very creative
                        my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Is the metal template something that can be used again? Maybe some of us could rent it from you. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes it can definitely be used again and again. I am located in Hays, Kansas. We had just planned to mount it on the wall in our shop so it's not going anywhere if someone were close enough to want to use it or even have us do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kimber View Post
                              Is the metal template something that can be used again? Maybe some of us could rent it from you. Where are you located?
                              x2 - I would be intersted if it can be shipped??

Comment

Working...
                              X