Great Weekend saved by G-Money and TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffe View Post
    We are like 3-4 miles above the Needles bridge and a good 5 miles above Jack Smith Park or Needles Marina. There is a really shallow area right below our launch ramp so not many boats come up our way until the water starts to rise.
    That is way up there. We don't like to go far past the bridge because of how shallow it can get. The times I have gone up there the water is nice!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
      That is way up there. We don't like to go far past the bridge because of how shallow it can get. The times I have gone up there the water is nice!
      Thats right where our place and all the butter is
      www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Coach
        How many hrs did you have on your impellar?

Comment

Originally posted by gman View Post
          Coach
          How many hrs did you have on your impellar?
          35 hours I guess. I replaced it in March.
          Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

Sometimes you suck up debris. That happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Trashed the housing, too.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
              Sometimes you suck up debris. That happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Trashed the housing, too.
              I thought that was the case but the impeller was in perfect condition. The guess by Daniel at TWS is I spun the impeller fins away from the metal spline. I didn't check once the boat was working but still have the impeller and will check when I get back to my boat in another week. I am coming from the world of jet boats and didn't even think about the impeller as the jet has a nice large metal impeller that you never worry about. We just would pump some grease in the fitting every other trip. I am just glad it was a $40 fix and the boat was back in action fast.
              Winston Churchill

Comment

I’ve been having an Alarm the last couple outings that is the same sound the buzzer makes when starting the boat ignition. Yesterday I received an image on the digital dash when alarming that said Oil Low, next line had a 1 and then psi, next line said Threshold, last line had a 4. Going back to the previous when the boat alarmed the motor still ran with the same rpm’s. No reduction in power. We first restarted the boat which cleared the alarm. I then googled and found something on a thread that said possible overheating. We then noticed that the temp would typically say 150-155 when it was alarming and then when alarming we opened the engine compartment cover which quickly reduces the temp below 150 and cleared the alarm. Being dumb probably we tried a few more runs and found when the alarm went off we could open the engine compartment cover and get air to flow which would immediately clear the alarm. Has anyone heard of an alarm because the engine compartment is getting too hot. My blower hose was torn so I will be replacing that but it ran fine all summer without having to run the blower so that shouldn’t matter for this problem. The oil alarm happened last night when I put the boat back in the water just to do a little more troubleshooting. I found the V-Drive ATF low and after much investigation and talking with the previous owner I added 30w oil to it and it is now at the appropriate level. This did not fix the alarm. I also pulled the connector off of the temp sensor on top of the block and the gauge would stay reading 139 when disconnected but the alarm would still sound. Once again opening the engine compartment cleared the alarm. Towards the end of our short evening trouble shooting was when the low threshold oil alarm finally showed on the digital screen. I am adding oil today (previous owner used west marine 45w) and I’m looking into how to change my impeller also. Any help with how to change an impeller or find the right part would be amazingly helpful. Thank you.
                Last edited by Travis.carr1; 08-05-2023, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X