No announcement yet.

STAINED INTERIOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

color looks similar to what would happen when I stored my boat for the winter in wisconsin. was in a building with 50 other boats and no access until spring. I usually left it covered. 2 years in a row if I didn't completely dry it out and remove all ballast bags prior to putting it to bed for the year it would have what looked to be a stain on the white. malco followed by babes seat saver cleaned it right up each spring.
    removing all ballast and letting the boat air out for a few days prior to storing fixed the issue the next 2 years I stored it in there.

I'm with sonic that the glue theory seems odd and would have thought other reports prior to now.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post

I'm with sonic that the glue theory seems odd and would have thought other reports prior to now.
      I totally agree with you guys and I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see a part do something very similar recently. Until we get a piece in I can only speculate.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

It's pretty amazing how you can get just one instance of a problem on something done in large batches.
        My company makes butcher block countertops and we'll occasionally have one top that misbehaves (splits, warps, etc) out of a huge pack of lumber that 100's of other tops are made from. Only one will have issues, makes no sense but it does happen.

Comment

If its the glue, it was an in house item. Meaning they took the raw vinyl, used the glue we have in house and put 1/4"-3/8" backer foam on it. Rare it happens since we buy it from the vendor with backing but we do have non backed material for other areas of the boat. The boat I have seen with this issue was both rear hatches. I assume they ran out of the color and made their own foam backed in house. It was not the foam backing from the vendor so that told us it was our glue. I'm thinking this is the same issue. The recent boat is the only one I have ever seen.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Have you seen Malibu's "red tide" pink vinyl that appears and disappears? Effected about a 5-6 year range. Lots of theories as to cause. Cover touching the vinyl, mold type growth, the foam, the vinyl, cleaners, lack of cleaning.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              Have you seen Malibu's "red tide" pink vinyl that appears and disappears? Effected about a 5-6 year range. Lots of theories as to cause. Cover touching the vinyl, mold type growth, the foam, the vinyl, cleaners, lack of cleaning.
              Nautique had that problem on a couple model years pretty bad as well. My old Tige had it on two spots but dried it out and it never came back.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                Have you seen Malibu's "red tide" pink vinyl
                sounds like I should have been shopping a 'bu instead of tige. pink vinyl would rock
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                X