STAINED INTERIOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STAINED INTERIOR

I have a 2016 R20 garage kept with around 70 hours and the white on the seats have terrible stains all over my interior and its getting worse. Some say its due to sunscreen and you just leave it out in the sun and it will go away. I tried that. I not going to say we have not use sun screen but its been exposed to very little. I cant imagine with its going to look like in five years. Its like the stain is coming from the inside out of the material. It seems to get worse after the factory cover has been on. I owned a 2010 wake setter before this and never had any issues like this. Yesterday i called my local dealer and he informed me that they was not longer a Tige' dealer but there was some problem with mold in some models. Has any one heard of this issue? I ended up calling another dealer 80 miles away and i sent them pictures and they are checking with the factory. Would my interior be under covered by warranty being a 2016? Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by Jay4533; 02-21-2020, 02:02 PM.

I haven't seen mold in a while on vinyl. Send photos to justin at tige.com
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

B5A6C953-41D8-4A7C-9312-09314E4AD6EB.jpgD29BDB9D-B716-4D48-9172-AE3119F29D3D.jpg

Comment

Wow, doubting that is sunscreen related. Have you tried cleaners just to see if it comes off easily?

Comment

I bet that stain can come out, sun will be your friend.
          Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

[QUOTE=mikemcclain8;814491]Wow, doubting that is sunscreen related. Have you tried cleaners just to see if it comes off easily?[/QUOTE

To be honest we really do not use a lot of sunscreen. I cant image a seat doing this with a boat that has 70 hours on it even if we used a ton of sunscreen. I am 46 years old and been around boats my whole life and never seen this. I do not treat this boat any different than any of my other ones. My last boats was Malibu Wake Setter with white interior and had i for 6 years and not one issue. Before that i had a Bryant with white interior also. It just don't seem right to me. To answer your question, yes i have tried several cleaners and nothing works. I have never seen anything like it. LOL

Comment

I have left it out for probably 4 days and it did help some but came back worse. I could stand leaving it out side any longer. LOL

Comment

[QUOTE=mikemcclain8;814491]Wow, doubting that is sunscreen related. Have you tried cleaners just to see if it comes off easily?[/QUOTE

To be honest we really do not use a lot of sunscreen. I cant image a seat doing this with a boat that has 70 hours on it even if we used a ton of sunscreen. I am 46 years old and been around boats my whole life and never seen this. I do not treat this boat any different than any of my other ones. My last boats was Malibu Wake Setter with white interior and had i for 6 years and not one issue. Before that i had a Bryant with white interior also. It just don't seem right to me. To answer your question, yes i have tried several cleaners and nothing works. I have never seen anything like it. LOL

Comment

I have called and left 2 voice mails one to Harvey and one to Justin. I sent the pictures to a dealer yesterday and they are going to check into it.
                  Last edited by Jay4533; 02-21-2020, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Is someone you are taking boating wearing self tanning lotion or getting spray tans?
                    Last edited by Sublimer23; 02-21-2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

A friend of mine used pencil erasers on his vinyl to cleanup dull spots. Not sure this is feasible for your situation, but might be interesting to try a small spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sublimer23 View Post
                        Is someone you are taking boating wearing self tanning lotion or getting spray tans?
                        No

Comment

Justin from Tige' called me back and he is looking into it. I appreciate everyone for trying to help.

Comment

Long story short is that we think it was the glue used to put the foam backing on the vinyl. There is the same pattern throughout the boat on the frost so its not a sunscreen issue. We will know for sure very soon.
                            Oh Yeah!

Comment

That's crazy!
                              Did it just start out of nowhere? Seems odd that the glue would just randomly start staining on a single boat after 4 years/

Comment

Working...
                              X