No announcement yet.

Ford F150 w 2.7L ecoboost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2016 3.5 ecoboost and I have towed R21's, R23's, ZX1's, and RZX2's up and down the mountains in Utah without a problem.

Comment

7 miles of 9% grade in AZ in 110*+ heat pulling the 24ve works my 2014 eco boost, but can still maintain 65 up that road without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post
        I’d echo the concern about the 2.7 L. That’s probably enough motor to bring some lumber home from Home Depot, but it isn’t going to have the push for a big wake boat. The 5.0 v8 will get better gas mileage then the big Toyota motor IMO, but you will probably never do better the 18 with a motor that can pull the boat, unless you go diesel (and the points in here about return on up front cost are spot on)

Good luck man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Just to make sure an actual owner of a 2.7L f-150 provides accurate input....

My 2015 2.7L EB f-150 does a fine job towing my 22v. Total weight of boat, trailer and gear is around 6500 lbs and it tows it just fine. No issues with hills and generally tow around 75 mph. On the few road trips we’ve taken lI’ve seen about 9mpg. It’s my commuter car and get mixed mileage of 17 - 19 mpg. It’s pretty zippy for a truck. I got the 40 gal. tank and get close to 600 miles between stops. It’s a different story when towing of course. [emoji2955]

Comment

Well there you go. When I’m doubt, ask the guy who straps up to it and hits the gas. Thanks man!

I’m a big ford guy, so I’m glad to hear it pulls well

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy View Post
            Just to make sure an actual owner of a 2.7L f-150 provides accurate input....

My 2015 2.7L EB f-150 does a fine job towing my 22v. Total weight of boat, trailer and gear is around 6500 lbs and it tows it just fine. No issues with hills and generally tow around 75 mph. On the few road trips we’ve taken lI’ve seen about 9mpg. It’s my commuter car and get mixed mileage of 17 - 19 mpg. It’s pretty zippy for a truck. I got the 40 gal. tank and get close to 600 miles between stops. It’s a different story when towing of course. [emoji2955]
            Good real world feedback. How many miles does your 2.7L have now?

Comment

Working...
            X