No announcement yet.

2017 Bilge pump / Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 decades in the service/repair biz, I cannot in anyway, see how the likes of a pump, be considered a "wearable" item. Wipers, belts, brakes and tires, those are consumables. Pump? No more a wearable then a head unit, window motor, engine.

Even a wearable component should be free from defects or premature failure. Ive warrantied a number tires, brakes, wipers, etc. Not because they wore out, but because they developed condition that was not normal. A dead ballast or bilge pump in 2-3 seasons, is not worn out, it died an early and abnormal death. This should be a unwarrantable repair. But, its Tige's parade, and im just a spectator.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Something like an impeller for a pump should be considered a wearable item but not the pump itself, I know they don’t have impellers.
      Another thing I think it honestly comes down to the dealer, I was having a few issues with one of my ballast pumps and they were gonna send one out no questions asked. Almost more of a customer service thing, which makes things very black and white. Same thing with any business, my dad runs a snapon franchise he warranties things all the time that most people wouldn’t warranty. But doing this just creates a good relationship with the customer.
      Last edited by bsreid; 12-06-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
        So is the engine, transmission, actuators, etc, etc. All wearable items. They're covered.

Now if a boat sinks and the owner says it's because the bilge pump didn't turn on, and then later that pump is found to be full of old engine oil because the owner did his own servicing and just let the oil drain in the bilge, that's obviously different.

No, you didn't get it right.
        What didnt I get right?

"More and more I think repair shops in general are more than happy JUST collecting diagnostic fees these days. They get a pretty good wage from it and Dont have to actually do any real work

Maybe I am misunderstanding the post which is why I am asking.....
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

All of this is dependent on the situation. Tige says no, but it does not mean a dealer cant go to bat and try and push something through.
          Germaine Marine

Comment

More and more I think repair shops in general are more than happy just collecting diagnostic fees these days. They get a pretty good wage from it and don't have to actually do any real work

I’ve been a Service Technician for GM dealers for 22 years now. One of the biggest pet peeves of mine or any of my coworkers are the customers that bring there vehicle in for us to diagnose and then decline the repair to repair themselves or take to an aftermarket shop for repairs.

The second biggest are the guys that “know what they’re doing” and bring there vehicle in and bitch about the cost when I have to fix their “repairs” and fix the original issue.

We don’t make a living off the diagnostic charge, and with the cost of tools and equipment to perform our jobs, we’re almost loosing money diagnosing without a repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cbath View Post
              More and more I think repair shops in general are more than happy just collecting diagnostic fees these days. They get a pretty good wage from it and don't have to actually do any real work

I’ve been a Service Technician for GM dealers for 22 years now. One of the biggest pet peeves of mine or any of my coworkers are the customers that bring there vehicle in for us to diagnose and then decline the repair to repair themselves or take to an aftermarket shop for repairs.

The second biggest are the guys that “know what they’re doing” and bring there vehicle in and bitch about the cost when I have to fix their “repairs” and fix the original issue.

We don’t make a living off the diagnostic charge, and with the cost of tools and equipment to perform our jobs, we’re almost loosing money diagnosing without a repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Preach
              Germaine Marine

Comment

Working...
              X