No announcement yet.

Transmission removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a possibility. I had to put it in storage already, I’m going to tackle it in early spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylemac70 View Post
      Konaking why are you having to replace your trans on a 4 year old boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      good question. the long story is that the Vdrive seized up after it dumped all the oil in the bilge, in the middle of the channel at Powell. I figured the prop shaft oil seal failed or the case cracked. So when i got it home i took it to the local Tige dealer figuring its only 4 years old and Indmar clearly states on their website that they have a 5 year fully transferable ( as i am not the original owner, which is a whole other discussion with tige ) warranty

So its been almost 2 months and the dealership finally called and said it was done. for the record There was many calls in between that time and warranty discussions and the dealer was busy with winterization and i didn't need the boat back in a hurry anyways.

so when the dealer called I asked about the warranty and the 1st question out of the guys mouth was " I didn't know this was a warranty job" WTF ???? I asked to talk to the service manager AKA the guy i dropped the boat off to and said it would probably be covered under warranty and was told he didn't work there anymore.

Nice bit of info to know seeings how i had just talked with him 2 weeks earlier. Hmmmmm !!!!!!

So again what about the warranty, " well are you the original owner"?
      No i said, at which point I was told by the dealer they will contact Indmar and see if its a warranty item.

I then asked what they found and why it seized and got some BS answer that there was "probably" water in the transmission.
      there was no water in the trans or in the V drive when i purchased the boat 8 weeks earlier and have since ran it on the lake 4 times prior to the failure.

Anyways I have still not picked up the boat because I am waiting on the Dealership (whom i have absolutely no confidence in) to contact Indmar and get a straight answer on a warranty and as to why the V drive which is coupled to the transmission failed. once again I would speculate that the oil seal failed and dumped the oil out of the V drive gear box and pretty much let the trans unscathed other than possible dampener plate damage.

as it now it was a 6k with a winterization as the temps here in Utah have gotten pretty cold.

Ill let know how it turns out.

Oh ya i still have a touch screen that needs replaced at a cost of 2k

Comment

Working...
      X